Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Running through Rush-hour!

Today was my first experience running with a running group! It was a huge success!  We ran 3 miles through center city.  Starting off at Rittenhouse Square, we went over and down to love park, around city hall, over to Washington Square, and back up to Rittenhouse Square.  

Waiting for the group by the fountain in Rittenhouse!

Christmas Trees <3

The square
Love park
City Hall
Washington Square - ran around the loop and back to Rittenhouse


It was COLD!.  23 degrees outside means well below freezing! I took a little chilly pre-run photo shoot before the group got there.  
cold but happy

cold but goofy

ok, seriously its cold.
Towards the end of the run I had definitely had warmed up!!!  I took off my gloves and even opened up my jacket a little.  Unfortunately, during the walk home from the trolley stop I was back to being cold.  :-(

Now I am hungry, and I am going to go get my study on!  2 more finals to go before some MUCH needed time off.  Happy Wednesday!

Edit:  Here is my route on a map.  Seems kinda long when I look at it like this.  I'm glad I got to cover a good amount of the city today by foot!

Solid 3 miles in the city!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the square is beautiful! I seriously want to go for a run through Philadelphia now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I really need to make my way from Pittsburgh to Philly!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, festive run!! I've only been to Philly once, when I was on my college crew team and we raced on the schuylkill, it was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete