Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One foot in front of the other...

Sometimes when you go for a run, you just have to keep telling yourself to put one foot in front of the other.  Not that today was a particularly bad or hard run (my calves were a bit tight), but it's just something that pops into my head to motivate me to keep going, stick with the plan, and not cut my route short (which is easy to do on a golf course/in a neighborhood)

I wasn't sure if I was going to run today.  I was pretty hungry come the 5 pm hour, and I knew dinner wouldn't be until at least 7.  I ate a handful of almonds and decided to go for a run.  I ran 3 miles in 33:44 which i was pretty happy about.  My target was for 33 and I ran that last half mile a little faster than I ran the rest.  



When I started the run off, it was daylight.  As I kept running I was able to witness a pretty nice sunset over the golf course.  I finished in darkness and my house was like the north star leading me home.   Literally it was glowing because we have a light up palm tree in our backyard.  I could see it the last leg of my run, and it was exciting to know I was getting closer.  :-)






All in all, the run was better than snacking for the 2 hours until dinner time.  It kept me out of the kitchen and I need to keep up my cardio game anyhow.  I am really happy I was able to run every single day I was here on vacation.  Even with the holidays looming and all the eating out, I am determined to keep up my cardio so I don't undo all my hard work these last few months.  There is nothing wrong with indulging over the holidays, but everything is good in moderation.

After my run and a much needed shower, we went to the country club for dinner which was right up the road.  Literally, we could walk.   

I started off dinner with some delicious and warm doughy rolls with butter.  Then I ordered a grilled tilapia sandwich (served on a big version of the pre-dinner rolls), sweet potato fries (YUM), and a side salad with red win vinaigrette dressing.  







my brother, mom and I in front of the Reunion Christmas tree




Then this may have happened back at the house...


3 comments:

  1. Haha oh my gosh a fellow Notre Dame blogger!! No idea if you remember me, but I recognized you from your guest post at SkinnyRunner. I went to NDA too, graduated in '08! Small world. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent over from SK. I look forward to reading your Blog. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you think of your Garmin?
    I'm thinking of replacing mine and it's between the 405 and the one you have....

    ReplyDelete