Sunday, December 26, 2010

Post Christmas recovery...

After a week of vacation in Florida and many days in a row of parties and Christmas festivities, I am feeling the effects.  Pounds gained since the 18th - 4.  Not good.  Time to detox.

Christmas Day recap:
A bangin breakfast that was responsible for at least 2 of the 4 pounds gained!  So good.  My mom always goes all out to make a huge breakfast on Christmas morning and Easter morning.  It's always delicious.

Our breakfast table all set

Cheesy eggs

bacon

hashbrowns

turkey sausage

scrapple - it's a philadelphia thing...

cinnamon rolls = true love

sugar free hot chocolate


my plate - plus 3 more cinnamon rolls ugh not a good idea
After breakfast we went to my Aunt's house for dinner and got some great family shots.  

The cousins

The whole clan!

Today Philadelphia is being showered with snow.  The blizzard has even canceled the Eagles game which is crazy.   They had to postpone it till Tuesday.  I was happy to be able to run to the store and get some groceries just as the snow was starting this morning so that I could get food to eat while I'm snowed in.  



Lunch today - small side salad with feta and honey mustard yogurt dressing, half of an apple, roasted sweet potatoes.  Veggies galore to get some of this holiday weight back off.  




I really wish the weather wasn't as bad because I want to get out there and run, but it doesn't look good for outdoor running for a while.  Guess I will be hitting the elliptical in my apartment pretty hard over the next few days.  

What I'm doing today:
- staying indoors
- clean the apartment
- eating healthy food
- watching football
- doing the elliptical
- fixing everything that's wrong with my blog - for some unknown reason, my banner disappeared, half my pictures are randomly gone, and I have no idea what's going on.  

Anyone have some blogger advice on my disappearing pictures and banner?

4 comments:

  1. I've been loading up on the veggies all day today too!!
    That breakfast looks great, but your salad and roasted sweet potatoes look even better :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on eating veggies - I am loading up today after the stuff that's been on my plate these past few days. Those eggs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger confuses me BIG TIME!! K, that breakfast looks amazing!! Don't stress about the weight...it will melt off in no time:) Crazy about the game being canceled my husband was so bummed.

    ReplyDelete