Ok so here is my holiday must have list. (Although I am not getting any of these this holiday season because I never asked for them in time.) Maybe I'll pick up a few of the not big ticket items after the holidays..until then, there is always my birthday!
The Ipad!
Who doesn't want this? It's like a big iphone! I could use it on the treadmill to read stuff! And watch tv shows on it. And take it to class with me. And blog from it! (not during class of course because I'll be much to busy paying attention) Plus it's a ton lighter than my laptop so blogging on the go would be nice and easy! I hear there is a new generation coming out with video and regular cameras in the from and back so you can video chat easily from it too. And my boyfriend could watch football games from it while I watch more important things...like the real housewives and stuff. Good thing my birthday isn't too far off. Hint hint mom.
The Soda Stream
First heard about this little doodad on "The Talk" as one of the must have holiday gadgets. Then I saw it on some of my favorite blogs, and then I saw it in Sky Mall magazine when I was on the flight down to Orlando from Philadelphia. The heading said, "Fizz the season." I'm now obsessed. It's a little device that carbonates plain water to make seltzer. You can also carbonate the water and then add a little of different soda flavored syrups to make your own soda. Pros of this for me - free seltzer (I drink seltzer daily). I can make my own soda with less syrup than would usually be in there. I could use this really fun carbonating machine. Also I wouldn't have to lug cases of soda cans up to my apartment on the second floor (or bother Joe to lug them up for me...)
![]() |
| soda flavorings |
![]() |
| The classier penguin soda stream. It has a glass carafe inside and carbonates the water without you having to push the bottle i think? |
A foam roller/the stick
I really want a foam roller and/or the stick. This I can definitely pick up in my travels, but I've been doing some research as to which ones are better. Basically for those of you who don't know what these are, they are devices you can use to massage your muscles and get the lactic acid out of them after working out or going on a long run. I've heard conflicting things as to which ones are better. If you guys have an experience with them, leave me a comment and let me know which one you prefer!
Leg Warmers
This I think is actually practical for me. For starters, most of my pants for running and working out in are tight capris. If I rock some leggings over them, I would be able to wear them and still be warm, and I also would not have to buy full length pants. Win-win? I think so. Plus they are super cute.
![]() |
| cute shorties |
![]() |
| long leg warmers <3 |
A Road ID
This one is a practical gift. A road id is a bracelet you can wear with your name and the names of emergency contacts. It's a great idea if you are a dumb blond like me who runs into traffic while bopping along to her ipod (I'm getting better at not doing that I swear!) or is a maniac on a bicycle (city biking is hard when you haven't biked regularly in years).
A french fry slicer
I want this because I love making sweet potato fries, and slicing them with my bad knives takes foreverrrr.
Cute running sunglasses
I love sunglasses. They are my favorite accessory and you usually won't find me without them during the daytime. I'd like to try and find a good pair that doesn't slip or bother me when I run. Haven't done any research on good ones yet. Suggestions welcome!
A puppy!
I think I've wanted one of these every Christmas for the last 20 years. Unfortunately I have to wait to move into a more puppy friendly apartment! Here are some cutie contenders!
Deans list!
A girl can dream...maybe next semester!
So what do you all want for Christmas?
And which is better? Foam roller or the stick?














I've heard that the foam roller is better for larger muscles, such as the quads and hams, whereas the stick is better for smaller muscles such as the calves.
ReplyDeleteI'm a complete loser and haven't ordered a RoadID because of the place where you put where you live. I don't know how much longer I'll be living here, and don't know where I'll be moving. And I don't really want to buy the interactive RoadID because I don't want to pay for the subscription... I'm pathetic, I know.
I must admit, although the 80s did have some pretty freaky fashions, leg warmers are pretty cute. And I like the idea of using them instead of buying pants. Speaking of which, though, you can get some pretty good tights at Wal-Mart (Danskin) for something like $11.
I may have to copy you and make a "What I want for Christmas" blog post.
I use the stick on any and all leg muscles -- calves, quads, and hamstrings. It's a little addicting.
ReplyDeleteI love my road ID but I don't have my address on it, just name, in-case-of-emergency phone numbers, DOB, and allergy info. It's a must have for runners.
Love the long leg warmers!! They're kinda like high socks lol :D
ReplyDeleteI have a foam roller & it works pretty good. I read somewhere that a rolling pin works as a good replacement for the Stick, so I pulled out my seldom used rolling pin, and gave it a go. I am now hoping Santa brings me the Stick I asked for, since I found it easier to use & pinpoint "trouble spots". My vote is for the Stick.
ReplyDeleteHello via SkinnyRunner! I have a French Bulldog that looks just like the one in the picture! You MUST, MUST, MUST get one as fast as you can!
ReplyDeleteLove your list! I want a Frenchie too, the 3rd one is also adorable!
ReplyDeleteI have the stick and it is great for my calves! I asked for the road id for Christmas. Congrats on making celeb status! I wear my calf sleeves under my running capris to keep warm. I think it is a great fashion statemnt :)
ReplyDelete