Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last full day in Reunion for a while..

Today I strength trained and did a circuit 3x:
- squats up against the big ball on the wall
- step up and overs
- jump squats
- lunge and twists
- calf presses 

Abs
- leg lifts
- sit ups with medicine ball
- sit ups with medicine ball to touch toe of one leg (10x each leg)

 Then I had a wonderful Chef Salad:
- Romaine lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- diced onions, peppers, and celery
- chef salad ham, turkey, and cheese roll-ups
- one sliced hard boiled egg
- ranch yogurt dressing

Here's how I made the chef salad meat and cheese roll ups to go in the salad:



Layer one slice of each on top of one another

roll the lunch meat into a roll up
Slice each roll up for a perfectly yummy bite size and add to the salad!



After lunch, I spent my day taking a nice nap.  I might run in a little bit.  I also might not.  I'll see how I'm feeling later this afternoon.  I'm still a little tired now.  It is pretty nice out so I may run just to not miss out on such a nice day...I may not be seeing any warm/nice running days for a longgg time.

Question for today:  What kind of things do you like in your salad?  I am always on the hunt for new adds since I eat them almost every day.

My favorites:
- wasabi ranch crispies (not really spicy at all but flavorful)
- tortilla crispies
- grilled chicken
- chef salad roll ups
- diced tomatoes and onions
- shredded cheese
- feta

4 comments:

  1. For salads:
    - Feta
    - Toasted pecans
    - Sunflower seeds
    - Red onions
    - Beans (kidney, black, garbanzo)
    - Salsa
    - Cucumbers
    - Carrots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had a great salad that had mustard powder and strawberries on it. Sounds strange, but it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh cheese roll-ups look so good! AT first I was confused thanks for posting pictures looks soo delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mustard powder is a secretly awesome ingredient! I use it in all of my chicken salads!

    ReplyDelete