Today I had my best run yet!!! Maybe it was because I ate prior to my run (usually I don't). Maybe it was the nice but not too cool weather. Maybe it was just that the everything fell perfectly into place.
I crushed my goal for December to run 4 miles without stopping. I ran 4 miles in 46 minutes (pace 11:36), and it was awesome! I truly enjoyed running the entire time. I wasn't counting down the time or miles at all, and I even felt like I could have kept running after 4. Baby steps though.
I ran around one of the golf courses in our community here in Reunion. I ran 1.6 miles out and then 1.6 back before cutting off the course and onto one of the streets and finishing up my 4 in the neighborhood. I have never felt more happy and excited. I felt like I really accomplished something I've been working really hard towards.
| water and ice machine on the golf course |
| bathrooms on the course |
| the golf course |
| the golf path |
| 4 miles in 46 minutes! |
| I'm so excited! |
| YAY FOR 4! |
| hip hip horray! |
I really enjoyed running on the golf course!!! The pros were:
- there were bathrooms along the course
- there were water and ice dispensers
- there was a lot of little hills but also a lot of flat parts
- it was virtually empty on the course today (I saw one man power walking- no golfers today i suppose)
- the landscaping was beautiful (although not so green, this course could use some rain!)
- the landscaping was beautiful (although not so green, this course could use some rain!)
Congrats! Awesome distance and awesome pace! I can't wait to kick some ass in Philly!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the great run, I actually got outside today and had a great run as well :)
ReplyDeleteGreat run! Those runs where everything just falls into place are so amazing.
ReplyDelete