Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Years Resolutions for 2011

Exercise - 30 minutes on the elliptical - 1.6 miles - 12/20 resistance

Dinner - leftovers!  Leftover dijon chicken, 2 mini crab balls, some roasted potatoes, and lots of green beans!



Dessert was some of the leftover chocolate covered oreos I made for the holidays.  Tastes so good...

Being snowed in gets boring kind of fast.  We were going to go and see Little Fockers tonight, but unfortunately even the movie theater is closed because of this snow storm.  It's a blizzard out there, and not the good kind either!

The good kind.  hehe



I've decided to share with you my New Years Resolutions!
Normally, I have a vague resolution.  Lose weight.  Stop biting my nails.  etc. 

This year I decided to make a specific list of things that I want to accomplish before 2012.  

1) Run a 5K
  - I already have 2 planned for this winter.  Disney Princess 5K in Epcot and another 5K the following weekend in Hollywood Studios.



2) Run a 10K
  - none planned so far!  Waiting for more races to be scheduled!
3) Run the Broad Street Run
  - Registration is this January, hopefully I get a slot!


4) Run a half marathon
  - Already signed up for the ING Rock and Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon

5) Complete a Triathlon (and not drown or die)
  - Signed up for the Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon in June


6) Log at Least 1,000 miles in 2011 by foot! 


7) Get through my 4th year and first semester of 5th year of pharmacy school

8) Train for a marathon!
  - My hope that 2011 is a year of great progress.  My ultimate goal is to run a marathon in late 2011 or early 2012.  I'm getting excited...



-      


What are your new years resolutions this year???

5 comments:

  1. 26.2 no problem, marathon 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. same goals for the most part :) I did my 1st 10K April 2010, then I got pregnant and am due January 14 2011. Hoping to train and run a half and a full marathon late 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goals! I'm jealous of the Disney 5K. I'm obsessed with anythign Disney, and my goal is run the DisneyWorld marathon as my first. :) Good luck, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you'll be doing a ton of racing this year!! Mine are to run at least three more halves (National in DC in March, Women's Fitness in NYC in April, and ING Philly next November), to get more in control of my sugar cravings and to stress less. The last one will definitely be the hardest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your goals are very similar to my own... except I am not sure if I am ready for a half-marathon, although my sister is trying to encourage me. I am definitely aiming for a 10K. For some reason, I have no interest in triathlons, just not interested in the swim. I would love to get to 1000 miles but that's going to have to be a combo of bike and running as I only average 25 running miles per month right now. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete