Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Biggest Losers run a marathon

If the biggest losers can run a marathon with 28 days of at home training, I sure as hell can with a year of training!  Even though my ultimate goal is to be at the level where I can start running marathons, I have been wondering lately if I will ever get to the point where I can run 26.2 miles.  Tonight's episode really was inspiring to a new(ish) runner.  26.2 miles all at once seems like such a daunting task.  I am hoping that with my consistent training and races that I currently have planned (5Ks, 10 milers, and half marathons) I can make this dream a reality within the next year or so. 

Ada was a beast and set a new record for the biggest loser marathon!

These guys were awesome and motivated each other almost the entire way
I definitely am excited to see what the next year brings me.  I already have a hefty list of New Years Resolutions that I can't wait to share with everyone.  Failure is not an option.  I don't have to be the fastest girl in the world, but I want to finish what I set out to do.

3 comments:

  1. I think I am going to be sore for at least four days ha! Great post!! Can't wait to see your resolutions. They really are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comments on my blog. slow and steady wins the race - I think you are wise to work up to the marathon with the shorter races first. 2011 will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada rocks! Watching them made me think I can do it too!

    ReplyDelete