Sunday, December 5, 2010

Date Night

So last night it was my turn to plan a date for Joe and I to go on.  We had decided that after football was over and Joe had more time, we would take turns planning a date for one another.  Joe planned a date in November, and we went to Longwood Gardens.  Now it was my turn to plan a date in December.  My original plan was to go ice skating at Penn's Landing and then go out to dinner, but Joe injured his knee so that wasn't in the cards.  

Our first stop on our Christmas themed date was Macy's in Center City to see the holiday light show!  It's an old Philadelphia Christmas tradition and the light show has been here since the store was Wannamakers.  

I remember sitting by this statue when I was little waiting for the show to start..


The story of the Nutcracker

snowmen!

All the characters!


The next stop on our date is Elfreth's Alley which is the oldest continuously occupied residential street in America.  All the houses are from the 1700's, and it was really really fun to go inside all the houses.  They also had hot chocolate, coffee, cookies, and carolers to enjoy.  


Joe and I in the Alley

Carolers

I enjoyed some delicious old city coffee and some cold apple cider

Just another day at the water pump...

Walking to dinner we popped by Besty Ross' House

Hey Betsy how are things?
After Elfreth's Alley, we went to dinner!  We went to GiGi's Restaurant and Lounge in old city where I had bought a deal for through living social.  The deal included 2 drinks, 4 tapas, and 2 desserts.  It was all sooo delicious.
White Orchid cocktail- champagne, lychee, white cranberry

Guinness for Joe

panko crusted crab cakes

cheese steak empenadas

pan seared chicken dumplings

fish and chips

fish closeup!

flourless chocolate cake

New York style cheesecake
 After dinner we did some center city bar hopping!  We stopped by Mac's Tavern, BBQ and Tequila, Mad River, and Plough and Stars.  It was a really really fun night, and a very successful date! 
bar kisses! 
 Now I have to go spend my day studying.  Salad and bagel thin for lunch...wasn't as good as the food and drink last night. haha

1 comment: