Sunday, November 7, 2010

Yoga and Goodies!


Last nights Dave Matthews Band concert was really fun! My brother and I had a great time! 

This morning I had a pretty positive yoga experience at Lululemon Athletica in Philadelphia!  They offer free yoga classes at their stores at 10 am on Sundays before the store opens.  Free yoga?  Sign me up!  I love free stuff.  The class was not that challenging.  I think it would be great for any beginners to get their feet wet or any yogis who want to just simply practice with others.  I would consider today's practice more of a yogic stretch.  I did not mind at all though because I was still sore from Fridays workout and needed a good gentle stretch.  


Philadelphia Lululemon!
Need to get there earlier, obviously I got the bad seat next to a wall/shelf :-(

Lots of people practicing today!
 So after my morning yoga (wasn't even tired thanks to daylight savings!) I just had to get my shop on!  This store was filled with so much awesome stuff!  Unfortunately their products are a little expensive.  I decided to stay away from the clothing, I just got myself a good amount of workout clothing and didn't need any of that.  I knew I wanted a few things and had been researching them online so I went for them.  


I was dying to get arm warmers for when I run!  I saw Leslie's on her blog, and I had arm warmer envy. 


 And then I wanted legwarmers.  I figured that since the cold temperatures are now upon us, these would be a good investment.  I have a lot of work out capris that I could still use outdoors with these warmers!  So, it's almost like saving money because I don't have to buy all new pants for winter!  Right?
And then I got 2 headbands and a bag.  Because you can never have too many of those..
everywhere bag - 40% off!

white headband

For those cold runs!  Brrrr
So my free class turned out not as free as I wanted haha.  But I got some good stuff I had been wanting so its a win win for both me and lululemon.  Lululemon was also giving away "the gift of yoga" and if you showed them that you checked in online that you were at lululemon (on facebook) then they gave you a day pass to a local studio!  So of course I did that to collect on some more free things!


I definitely will come back for these free Sunday classes.  Today was easy, but I think that different instructors teach every week so maybe the next time I go it will be more challenging. 

Now I am preparing lunch with Joe.  After he read yesterdays blog he wanted to try my homemade gyros, so we are having that and trying a new recipe for sweet potato fries!  Luckily I am the kind of person who can eat the same things a lot in a short period of time.  What can I say, I like what I like.  For the fries, we cut up 2 sweet potatoes (well Joe cut them), tossed them in olive oil, added salt and pepper to taste, and baked them in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping them over every 10 minutes. 

Verdict is....Delish!  Gyros were yummy and the fries were great.  Wanted to get them a little crispier, we cooked them an extra 5 minutes and let them sit out for a few minutes in hopes that they would crisp up. So good.  I'm thinking these sweet potato fries are going to be a new regular!


Gonna enjoy this bangin lunch and then relax before going on a run and getting my study on.  Gotta learn my stuff for my nonprescription therapeutics "over the counter" exam this Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment