Friday, November 12, 2010

Officially a runner!

Today I feel like I'm officially a runner!  I'll get to that in a minute, but first, today's workout.

Strength training with my training buddy today! 

Workout started off with a circuit:
- squats with a shoulder press
- lunges underneath the smith bar
- bench presses
- walking backwards on treadmill
Pre-workout mirror shot
do life shirt! 
lunges under smith bar
Then I did abs! 
- roman chair pulls 15x
- leg raises 20x
- full sit up extension 20x
- plank position while rolling back foward and out 20x
- crunches 40x

Roman Chair

Leg Raises

Ball plank

Full extension sit ups

full extension sit ups 2
After my workout, I RAN!  And for the first time I was a runner!  What I mean by this is once I started, I didn't stop.  I ran 3 miles in a neighborhood with huge hills and it was great!  At times I may have been slow, but I never stopped running.  Maybe it was my new do life t shirt!

After my workout and running numerous errands I was ready for a late lunch.  I had only had a fiber one yogurt for breakfast this morning so this little runner was famished.
Today for lunch I made Pizza Bagel Thins.
- Multi grain Arnold's sandwich thins
- Ragu spaghetti sauce
- reduced fat mozzarella

I made the pizza bagels and threw them in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes.  Easy and delish.  Ate them with turkey meatballs (taste the same as regular) and a garden salad with tomatoes and fat free french dressing.

garden salad

lunch!

Did I mention TGIF?!?!  I'm happy to be enjoying the weekend, not to be happy that I have work and have an exam on Monday.  Ugh.  It's always something though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment