Saturday, November 6, 2010

Homemade Gyro!

Boy am I sore today!  Partly from yesterdays strength workout (I love this kind of sore because you know you put a lot of work into it and you can feel your body changing), and partly because I slept funny on my neck and now can barely turn my head to the left.  Don't you hate it when that happens?!?! 

Today I watched a few lectures that were recorded before making a great lunch.  This was my first time attempting a gyro and I think it was a success!  

Here was the recipe I threw together:

- grilled chicken strips
- diced tomatoes
- diced red onions
- romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsps of Tzatziki Sauce. 


I mixed it all up and stuffed it into a warmed whole wheat weight watcher pita!  So simple, so delish.  





i paired my homemade chicken gyro with apple slices.  Granny smith apples are my favorite.

This gyro was definitely as tasty as one you would get in a restaurant but much healthier and cheaper!


Gonna study some more, watch boyfriend's football game on tv (3pm versus!), and do a workout. Hope I can move my neck by then.



No comments:

Post a Comment