Woohoo 7 miles! New longest distance for me! Felt good.
It was a little chilly and I was concerned about what I should wear. I decided on just capri leggings, a t shirt and my new arm warmers! It was about 45 degrees when I set out for my run, and I read that you should dress for 15 degrees over so that you don't overheat so that was what I went for. Luckily it worked, and I wasn't cold at all.
| world run day 2010 t shirt! |
| first time trying out the new arm warmers! |
| Geese crossing! |
| watch out for presents! :-o |
Finished my 7 miles in 1 hour 31 minutes (13:22 minute pace according to my garmin). My garmin also had me going 6.8 but he's a liar. How can he tell you that you go 3.5 miles out and take the exact same route back and you are .2 miles short. Lies. I wanted to finish in under an hour and a half and was so close to my goal! I was going against the wind on the way out, so i figured I would be going with the wind on the way back and pick up some speed. Wrong. How can you be going against the wind both ways!?!? How does that happen? haha
Also, yesterday was world run day! I was kind of a bum and went to yoga instead. Oops. So today in honor of world run day I sported my world run day t shirt for my extra long run.
Also, yesterday was world run day! I was kind of a bum and went to yoga instead. Oops. So today in honor of world run day I sported my world run day t shirt for my extra long run.
Now its time for lunch because I am famished!
Isn't it the best feeling in the world to get a lot accomplished while the time still has an AM in front of it. I'm still a college student so it is for me. Off to study and eat!
Never heard that dress for 15 degrees warmer tip. That's a good one! And thanks for visiting my blog. :)
ReplyDeleteTina - sorry I have to comment using my old Wordpress info.