Friday, March 4, 2011

Splurging

Last night I went out to dinner with this guy to say goodbye before we parted ways for the week.  




We went to my favorite restuarant, Ruby Tuesdays.  I'm fancy huh?  I even got all my RT favorites which was a pretty nice splurge.  I love that Queso Dip...

Salad bar - spring mix. ham, cheese, celery, tomatoes, croutons, pasta salad nom nom nom

Queso is the best food ever.  Please try it, you won't regret it...it's my favorite food to splurge on.

Asian Dumplings with a peanut sauce

Earlier in the day, two awesome things happened.  I got a haircut...that was much much needed...

...I had her poof it because Jersey Shore night is Thursday night...don't judge
...and I finally got to eat a pretzel sandwich!  Meghann from Meals and Miles had been rocking the pretzel sandwich last week, and I had major pretzel bread envy.  When I went to campus to grab lunch with some sorority sisters and saw that pretzel bread as a choice, I knew I needed to try it because I may never get another chance!



Turkey, lettuce, onions, mustard.

I am very much looking forward to a relaxing week in the sun.  Spring break is so different from summer break or winter break because those breaks are after the semester is finished.  Spring break is an unfair tease because you get a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel (summer break), but then have to come back for 7 more weeks of class then another week of finals.  One thing that I am really hoping for is that when I return in a week, Philadelphia is a little less lionish and more like a lamb.  One week away can make a huge weather difference in March.  I mean, 2 weeks ago in February I was running and eating outdoors...in shorts!  Crazy!

Happy Weekend to the non-spring breakers!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE queso!!! I enjoy it so so so much! Pretzel sandwich... that sounds pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl you bump it! I would not want to know how many calories are in the bread for that sandwich. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete