Thursday, March 10, 2011

Seasons 52

Last night my mom and I went to a restaurant I had been dying to try...Seasons 52.  Until recently, I didn't realize that Seasons 52 was a chain (same family as Olive Garden and Red Lobster).  They call themselves a fresh grill that is seasonally inspired cooking with every item less than 475 calories.


 
We split three appetizers and tried each others entrees and everything was out of the world.  We also sat in the piano bar which was first come first serve.  Luckily, as soon as we walked in a table was being cleaned off so I swooped in after spotting it with my eagle eye.  We love a good piano bar so it was a win-win. 


For a chain the ambiance was really nice.
This wine was listed under "Fabulous Unoaked Whites" on the menu - Pacific Rim Gewurztraminer - delish
Don't mind the ashes and the goofy smile
  
#1 - House-made Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil in a light tomato sauce
#2 - Grille Chipotle Glazed Shrimp with guacamole and tomatillo salsa verde
#3 - Caramelized Crab and Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms with roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese
Piano bars are my favorite! 
My entree - Mahi Mahi on top of shrimp risotto with seasonal veggies
My mom's entree - Roasted artichoke-stuffed shrimp with a medley of fresh market veggies in a light lemon sauce
Seasons 52 was awesome and I can't wait to go back and try more.  We were good and didn't eat meat (Ash Wednesday) or sweets (lent give up).  I would love to go back and try some meat menu items.  nom nom nom.  They change their menu with every season and this was the last week of the winter menu.  I'm definitely going to have to go again soon at the location in King of Prussia to try out the Spring options. 

After dinner we stopped by the bar 11 on top of the main building in the resort.  It is also a restaurant and we are trying it tonight.  We had a few drinks and I even met a professional baseball pitcher who was staying down here for spring training.  All in all a great night!

Since it's a restaurant with a pool area, all the glasses were plastic.  It's a little strange drinking wine out of plastic...
I wish I could have posted this review sooner, but unfortunately I was having camera technical difficulties today.  I have the worst luck when it comes to technology!  My mom and I did some fun stuff today, but I will post on that after dinner.  I will leave you with this Ash Wednesday joke that the priest cracked mid-mass.

-A little boy got his ashes, and then went to play in the neighborhood.  One of his friends asked what was on his head.  He said that they were his ashes that he got as mass for Ash Wednesday.  His friend asked, "What's Ash Wednesday?"  The little boy replies, "That's when Catholics start their diets."   - Joke cracking priest. 

Truth.  With all the fasting, no meat eating, and giving up of diet components during Lent, maybe it's just a way to lose the holiday weight?  

Disclaimer:  Obviously I'm just joking.  Don't take anything I say on here to heart.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment