Friday, March 18, 2011

Party like a Lobster

Tonight Joe and I went on a date with my mom and little brother.  Since it's lent, and friday (no meat!), we went to the Red Lobster.  Most people know this as the chain with the highest sodium content in the US, but I know it as my childhood stomping grounds.  My family used to always go to the Ruby Tuesdays on Friday nights and Red Lobster on Saturday nights growing up so going back is always reall nostalgic.  

In fact,  when I was little, my parents used to send me to go "play with the lobsters" and look in the tank that was in the lobby (by little I'm thinking...3?).  Once I got lost amongst the booths and oceanic memorabilia, and they had to call "Will the parents of Sharon Barry please come to the front."  My names Shannon, I think my parents kept eating.  Date night without a babysitter perhaps?   




My mom and brother

House side salad with Thousand Island dressing on the side

Best biscuits ever.  Hands down.

Chateau St. Michelle Riesling

Lobsta dinnah!

I may or may not have brought some cake balls for us all to much of as dessert.

After dinner, Joe and I headed over to the Public House where a friend of mine won a happy hour.  Free drinks 9-10. drink specials 10-12.  Count us in!  I had never been to the Public House before, but it was fun.  It's website sells itself as "A sophisticated and fun atmosphere for their guests that is your neighborhood bar and restaurant with a night life scene." 




After the hour of free drinks, Joe and I ducked out early.  I have a race in the morning and need to get a good nights sleep!  

The winner of my Luna Bar giveaway is....Lisa J at..Because I Can.  Lisa, shoot me an email at sbarry410@gmail.com so I can get your info from you!

Good luck to all who are racing tomorrow ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Yum!! Red Lobster is Delish!! Loved your cute outfit!! Good luck tomorrow at your race!! :@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting this giveaway- I'm super stoked!

    Got all the goods to make the chocolate cake balls over the weekend, yum.

    Good luck on your race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit with the shorts!! Spring is just around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. anything with 'fest' is going to be fun! best wishes with your race
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete