Saturday, March 12, 2011

Leprechan Run 5 miler

Today was my first 5 miler and my first race in Philly.  I definitely had pre-race jitters this morning, but I had an amazing time and crushed my time goal.  Earlier in the week, I had done 5 miles in Florida in just under an hour, so my goal was to beat my time of 59:30.  Today, my garmin said 53 minutes for 5.07 miles, so really closer to 52 minutes.  I am extremely happy with that!  

Pre-race photo shoot
5 mile hand signal
Fan club
Me and my dad
Waiting for the festivities to begin!
Photo finish!!
Crossing the finish line
I'm pooped
Art museum
Training like Rocky up the steps
Champ!
Only one take for this gem haha
View of the Ben Franklin Parkway skyline background
Unofficial time - beat my goal!
Me gusta Little Pete!
Recovery meal.  Egg white omelette with tomato, onion, and feta...spinach didn't come :-/ Delish!

Now off to celebrate my run on the Erin Express - just another reason to day drink haha!! 

Anyone else race today?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on racing and crushing your goal time!!! LOVE the shirt and awesome pics! :D I raced today and PRed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run! Loved your pictures, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the race, that's awesome!! I love the pic of you jumping...impressed you got it on the first try!

    ReplyDelete