Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

So anyone out there who is Catholic knows what this day is...it's Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent.  I don't give something up every year, but this year I decided to give up sweets.  I am doing it along side the boyfriend in hopes that we both won't tempt each other.  Sweets is a popular sacrifice this year, and fellow bloggers Gabriela and Julie are giving them up to.  

I'm basically considering sweets to be the same things they are.  Cake, cookies, brownies, ice cream, chocolate, candy, etc.  If you can find it on the dessert menu or the candy bar, it's a no go. 



I am going to give myself exceptions:
- If I choose to give myself the "Sunday off" I will, but it's not going to be a give in.  I don't want to feel deprived, which may lead to falling off the wagon. 
- My birthday

It's been a while since I've seriously given something up, but I have high hopes for this year's Lenten promise. 

I'm also going to try and make an effort in the no meat days of Lent.  Sometimes in the past, I would forget and eat meat for lunch, then try and redeem myself with a meatless dinner.

Today is one of the non-meat days of Lent, and I got a little creative with Lunch.
Thomas' Arnold's Multi Grain Sandwich thin, goat cheese, tomatoes, one hard boiled egg and an orange.

The goat cheese made it really flavorful.

Side Orange :-)


On another note.  I'm starting to feel a little fitter.  It's been a while since I've talked about weight on here, but here it goes.  My overall goal is to be healthy and happy.  My BMI falls in the middle of the normal weight range, and I know that I am fine just the way I am.  This does not mean that I am not allowed to want to trim down a little or tone up a bit.  My goals are more fitness inclined, such as run 8 miles in one shot this month (still have to tackle that one) or work out on average 5x/week.  If I work toward these goals I will start to see more results with my shape.  I have stopped making weight loss goals because they are hard to reach, and I was getting upset when I wasn't reaching them.  

So as for weight, I have also given up the scale except for on the 1st and the 15th of the month.  Ben does life style.  I feel that by weighing myself like this, I can see broad changes and not everyday fluctuations.  It is a really hard habit to break, but after doing this for the past 2 months, I really like it.  It allows me to enjoy food, because I don't have to worry about facing the scale the next day.  At the same time, I also don't pig out for 2 weeks straight because I know that the scale day is approaching.  I can indulge in something then work it off.  



Now.  Pool, gym, skype, mass, dinner.  Here is a photo shoot of me in my sporty spice pool wear.  Top picture - Eagles cover up.  Bottom picture - Phillies bikini.

Don't mind the string to hang it with...

Happy Hump Day to those not on Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment