Today I took the family minivan on a one hour journey to Tampa to visit some friends. My friend Rusty was badly injured in Afghanistan recently, and he is rehabbing in a Tampa VA hospital.
I really wanted to go visit with him so I was glad it worked out. Rusty was feeling good today, and we all went to the zoo! I had such a fun time!!! I love the zoo and haven't really been there in ages (I had also never been to the Tampa Zoo). Even though it was supposed to rain the storms held out and we had amazing sunny weather. Everything was great, and I was happy to spend some time with Rusty and his family.
 |
| Danny, Rusty, Me |
 |
| Danny driving an apple car! |
 |
| Turtle |
 |
| Eagle |
 |
| Swimming snapper turtle with fish staring at him in awe |
 |
| Flamingos! |
 |
| Ice cream for lunch! Edy's Peanut Butter Cup yum. |
 |
| African Penguins |
 |
| The boys on the Safari |
 |
| Safari Ride! |
 |
| Giraffe |
 |
| Okapi |
 |
| Zebra |
 |
| Elephant |
 |
| An afternoon beverage - tastes like summer <3 |
 |
| The white tiger (which we wanted to see all day) was hiding! This was our one glimpse! |
Final photo shoot by the manatee statues.
 |
| Gift shop white tiger mask |
 |
| Danny Monkeying around |
 |
| Rusty checking out the shades |
I definitely had a blast at the zoo, and we finished up our fun filled day by going to Outback Steakhouse! Everything was delicious.
 |
| Side Caesar Salad |
 |
| Lobster Tails and baked potato! |
It was so great hanging out with everyone, and I can't wait till the next time I'm down and can go visit again. Everyone please send good vibes, thoughts, well wishes, and prayers to my friend during his rehab. He is in great spirits and anxious to recover and make more progress.
Now that I'm home, I am about to get my running shoes on and hit the pavement on a nice long run. Running at night in Florida has its perks. I can run on the golf course without having to worry about golfers. The temperatures are also lower. I hope it's a good one :-)
 |
| Literally punching running in the face. |
Looks like a great day at the zoo!!! So much fun!
ReplyDelete