Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Italian for dinner!

Last night's dinner was an un-traditional Italian one.  No pasta involved!  I had Italian marinated grilled chicken topped with spinach, and weight watcher shredded Italian cheeses.  I paired the chicken with a side half spinach half spring mix salad with feta, tomatoes, fat free croutons, and ranch yogurt dressing...and a bowl of Healthy Request Italian Wedding Soup.


Yesterday I was definitely dragging, but once I got to the gym it was definitely great to be there!  I hopped on the treadmill with the feeling that I am so sick of treadmills.  I can't wait for later this week when we will be getting some warmer weather.  It turned out that the run on the treadmill wasn't bad at all though.  I logged 5 miles in under an hour and enjoyed it the whole time.  :-)


Miles 1-3 at 6mph, walked mile 4 at 4mph while on the phone, did intervals of sprints and walking (around 8mph and 4mph) for the last mile. 

Breakfast this morning - Jimmy Dean D-light breakfast sandwich with turkey sausage, egg white, and cheese on a croissant.  The D-light sandwiches are less calories and fat than the original Jimmy Deans, and they are nice and easy to make which is great when looking for a convenient, fast, warm breakfast.  I also had a glass of Trop 50 which is Tropicana orange juice with 50% less calories and sugar.  It was good, the first sip tasted different than the regular, but after that it tasted the same.  I also got the Trop 50 + Calcium and Vitamin D for some extra vitamin oomph!





Topic on "The Talk" yesterday:  97% of women have at least one "I hate my body" moment every day.  

Hmm this is interesting.  I think that is a really high percentage, but I also see how it can be an accurate estimation.  I know that I find myself having thoughts like these all the time. 

Self challenge - For the rest of the day, try to avoid all those moments and focus on the things that are good about my body.

ex)  I hate my thick Irish legs.......I am thankful for my strong legs to allow me to go places by walking, running, and biking because these are all things that I really love to do.   

I challenge everyone else to do the same today!

Only 1 more follower needed until I get to 100 and host a giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really sad how our society has made it so "normal" for women to hate their bodies. I mean, people joke about how much they hate their looks all the time and it's both depressing and awkward!! No one is going to be 100% satisfied with every aspect of their appearance, but I think that once you're at a healthy weight it's so much more important to focus on the things that actually make you a better person, rather than obsessing over your lack of supermodel abs or whatever. I like your self challenge!

    ReplyDelete