Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring Break Begins!

Today I went out to lunch with one of the new members of the sorority before heading to the airport.  It was both fun and delicious.  She saw my post about my first smoothie, so we located our local smoothie king and got some delicious smoothies.  I opted for the same one as last time (when I love something I stick with it), the peanut power protein with chocolate.  I did however, "make it skinny" which meant no sugar or honey added.  This shaved 200 calories off and it tasted the same.  Maybe a bit more bananay but not much.  I also noticed their sign did include the "induge" drinks under that category name.  The last time I went to the smoothie king, there was no sign of the word indulge anywhere near the name of the smoothies I got, and I was unaware it was more dessert-y than healthy.  You live and learn!



Indulge!
I paired my smoothie with a chicken salad sandwich on whole grain break from Chick-fil-A!  Love that place.  I swear that every time I go there the line is out the door.  They are always crazy busy.  I think they even have lines on Friday's in Lent!  Must be their amazing food.  Whenever there is one around I definitely would choose to go there over the other take out food court restaurants.  I opted for no fries and grabbed a side salad with the sandwich.  Turned out that I wasn't all that hungry for it with my other two parts of the meal so I didn't really eat it.  

my favorite <3


The line around the block

The salad I didn't really eat (non-fat honey mustard dressing)


nom nom nom
After lunch I went home, and I put off packing for as long as humanly possible.  I was exhausted and the thought of going to the airport was not an exciting one.  So I laid on the couch watching reruns of top chef, had a photo shoot in my new skinny runner shirt, and then packed in 10 minutes.  I probably forgot something essential like pants.   Oh well.

The shirt says: Made by Miles, fueled by frosting.  Love it!


Essentials:  Running shoes, gladiator sandles, luna bars

anddd homework!  Fun Fun Fun.

New luggage, excuse the slightly blurry picture

Ribbon to signal that this is my bag, I have to get some of those cute luggage tags
Two new books for my week by the pool..

Then I got quenched while waiting for our delayed flight (diet coke)
Our flight was delayed which isn't fun, then I sat next to someone on the flight who was extra creepy and extra chatty.  He also kept invading my personal space on the plane.  Some people just don't know plane etiquette.  Maybe I should do a post on my version? haha.  We finally ventured back to our house in Florida around 10:30pm.  I skyped with the boyfriend (it worked after a few tries!) then ate a late dinner.  Crab cake sandwich on a multi grain Arnold's sandwich thin and brown rice.   (No picture because my cord is in the other room, and I am too lazy to upload just one picture.) 

Now I'm off to bed because I am running my second race in the morning!  It's my second race ever, and it's also my second race in Disney (and second race in 2 weeks!)  I can't wait!!!!  I'll give you all the details tomorrow.  Goodnight World! 

Anyone else running races this weekend?  Which ones?  Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks great! I wish I was a runner so I had a reason to buy skinny runners shirts. :)) Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete