Breakfast - Dannon Light and Fit Cherry Yogurt (un-pictured)
Lunch - really a brunch - Breakfast sandwich with egg whites, tomatoes, and goat cheese on an Thomas's wheat bagel thin, a slice of cinnamon toast on an Arnold's multi-grain sandwich thin, potatoes, and a banana with a little peanut butter on top.
After lunch, I got to try out a recipe that I had been wanting to taste for a while now. Cake balls!
Cake balls(and/or cake pops) are inspired from bakerella, who writes a blog about baking and also has a new book called cake pops. She probably has more creativity in her pinkie toe than I do in my entire body. (The difference between cake balls and cake pops is that the pops have a lollipop stick in them.)
![]() |
| Here new book! |
![]() |
| Reinderr Pops |
![]() |
| Easter ideas? |
![]() |
| Sheep! |
![]() |
| Monkeys! |
I followed this recipe for the balls:
- Baked 1 box of cake as directed (I used vanilla funfetti)
- After the cake has cooled, crumble the cake into a large mixing bowl
- Mix in 1 can of frosting (I used a can of regular chocolate frosting that I already had in my pantry)
- After the balls were all formed into little munchkin sized balls, dip them in melted milk chocolate and drizzle with melted white chocolate.
The cake balls were out of this world! They tasted like a little munchkin that wasn't dry, instead was fudge-like and moist. Then coated in a chocolate shell. Delish! (Obviously today is this week's Lent cheat day, can you tell?) Google tells me that one cake ball is about 124 calories which isn't too bad at all. Moderation, moderation, moderation.
It is such a beautiful day here in Philadelphia! It's days like this that remind me that summer isn't too far off. I'm thinking a run outdoors is definitely in the works for today. That along with catching up on some lectures.
Later tonight I will be picking the winner to my Luna Bar Giveaway so go ahead and enter if you haven't had a chance to yet!






omg those look AMAZING!!! I gave up all dairy for lent, so i would have to use coconut or soy milk and then maybe dark chocolate- just might have to try...
ReplyDelete“Breakfast - Dannon Light and Fit Cherry Yogurt” – I will try this next time. Sounds like a good combination in the morning.
ReplyDeleteonline pharmacy no prescription