So sometimes when you are 21, and you live in a tiny apartment, and you are busy with school, work, gym, your sorority, and life...and you are lazy...you eat the best you can in the absolute most convenient way possible.
To anyone out there reading, I am a convienence junkie. I do everything I can to make my life simple, and that involves cooking. Yesterday after work, I picked up this pizza because it really sounded yummy. Sure, sometimes I make my own BBQ pizza, but not when I'm a busy bee.
I also am guilty of not only buying frozen veggies, but getting the prepackaged portioned out frozen veggies. I do this for several reasons.
1) Fruits and Veggies go bad in my fridge...they just do. My fridge is where fresh foods go to die. It's like the sock that always gets eaten by the dryer aliens. The fridge always turn my food bad before I can eat it. So I buy just a little fresh, and dinner staples like corn, peas, and spinach are kept frozen. This way I also don't feel pressured to have all my fresh produce in the same meal because they are about to turn.
2) I am single (except for this guy who always seems to be lurking around)...
...And I think it's hard to cook a fresh meal for only one person. I don't want to make up more portions than I am going to eat especially because I am a grazer who will most definitely eat the leftovers that same night or at another inappropriate time.
Tonight's convenient dinner: BBQ Chicken Pizza, corn, and salads.
| Busy girl's best friend. |
| Seriously |
| Spring mix with tomatoes, fat free feta, tortilla crispies, and yogert ranch dressing |
| Pizza! |
| I'm so angry because I want to cut the pizza, already! |
| No, seriously, can we cut it up now? |
| Ok...I'm cutting up this bad boy! |
While Joe and I were eating dinner, I decided to invite Bunny to dine with us. Bunny is my goldfish, even though he isn't gold.
| nom nom nom |
| "Thanks Mom, you outdid yourself!" |
Question of the evening: Do you go for convenience or are you more of a fresh loving cook?
I hope to someday have some more time and patience to make more food from scratch, but for right now, I gotta stick with easy to prepare food.
Mostly I cook fresh, but occasionally will go for convenience. I'll use frozen veggies or jar sauce to cut down on time for certain things.
ReplyDeleteI usually keep a few kinds of frozen veggies on hand, but mostly I go for fresh. I hate to waste food, so I got into the habit of eating tons of produce by buying a lot of them and just incorporating them into every meal! I do wish they made frozen tomatoes though, because those suckers go bad SO quickly...
ReplyDelete