Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Workout Blues and Veggie Palooza

I really don't know why...maybe it's all the snow, rain, and sub-freezing temperatures.  Maybe it's because I've just been more tired lately...maybe it's just because it hasn't been as convenient...but I definitely have the workout blues.  Tuesday is already basically over, and I haven't gone on a run since my sore calf incident last Thursday.  As much as I want to tell myself that tomorrow is a new day (and I definitely plan on hitting the gym), but it's also my long day with several classes and two labs! 

I also have zero desire to pop in a Jillian Michaels video or do the elliptical.  Nothing.  All I want to do is do my school work, and half listen to the Real Housewives of New York Season 1 marathon that is on Bravo right now while curled up in my warm clothes under the covers.

I don't know why.  I think I just have so much on my mind that thinking of going all the way down to campus to run is just too overwhelming. 

I'm posting this because I hope that I'm not alone!  Maybe sometimes you just mentally need a week off?  I'm definitely excited to spin and run on Thursday...but until then I just can't even fathom doing anything active. 

Somebody please stop me if I don't get some motivation by the end of the week. haha
I did, however, walk to the super market (usually I drive).  It was an active compromise...but also because I was officially completely out of food and my car is still snowed in.  I got a bunch of other healthy food to eat for the next few weeks.  I love having a fully stocked kitchen!  Definitely cheered up my blues a bit!

I was craving mad vegetables for dinner!  My meal consisted of roasted sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and corn cut off the cobb.  Pure Perfection. 




Veggie Heaven


Anyone else get the workout blues in the winter?

3 comments:

  1. I get the workout blues all the time... Sometimes, like today, I just put on my gym clothes and go anyways. Other days I curl up in my bed and watch tv. Haha.

    I think taking a rest is important. And while exercise is important, so is schoolwork. So don't feel bad if you need a break from working out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely get the workout blues. Sometimes I feel really down and irritated because I think "I am so sick of this! Do I really have to do this the rest of my life?!" When thinking about going out for a run. And now I don't know how the roads are-probably too bad to run on-so I'm stuck inside on the elliptical and THAT frustrates me, too... then of course I end up over-eating and feel awful about it.

    And now I really want corn ON the cob, sweet potatoes, and green bean casserole! I actually have the stuff for all of it except the corn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a grad student in Philly too, and I don't blame you for having the workout blues. It's been miserable out lately. But don't feel bad about taking a few days off. Sometimes it's what you need to recharge. And by the way, I love your blog! I'll be doing some of the same runs and trialthons that you have planned.

    ReplyDelete