Life gets in the way. It's just a fact. Sometimes you have exams or deadlines. Sometimes you have a cold and you're feeling run down and sick. It's just life. The best thing you can do is get back into the swing of things as soon as you are able, and that is just what I plan to do starting today.
First things first, yesterday I got a special delivery of Flowers for Valentine's Day, but I also had another delivery with it. I got a delivery of products from Pearl iZUMi to try out and review for you guys. I got a pair of sweet sneakers, a pair of shorts, and a shirt. It was a very exciting visit from the shoe fairy, and it gave me just the boost I needed to get back to the gym post cold.
| Can't wait to post a review on them after giving them a few workouts! |
I laced up my new kicks this morning and hit the gym BEFORE class. I know, crazy right. I am not a morning person whatsoever, but I decided that I need to start getting back to work on my training more seriously. I am going to try and start getting my work outs accomplished during the beginning of my day.
Today's pre-class workout was a gentle one as the first one post-cold: 1 mile run and 15 minutes elliptical at resistance of 12.
Treadmill - I knew I wanted to do 1 mile. I thought maybe I'd rock a new treadmill PR. I ran the first .3 miles at 7.5 mph the next .3 at 7mph and was hoping to make it the whole way, but I got majorly winded (I'm going to blame my chest congestion still lingering from the cold). Walked for .15 miles then ran out the last .25 at 6.0mph. Ironically enough I hit a 10 minute mile which I have been running recently. I'm going to try and have a treadmill PR soon!
Before class I had about 20 minutes, so I did 15 minutes on the elliptical. A little cardio and cool down/recovery from the run.
Eats - Breakfast - Boston Cream Pie yogurt - first time having this and it was delish.
Lunch was a sandwich from the school cafeteria. I tried to healthify it as much as possible. Turkey on wheat with lettuce, tomato, onion, and honey mustard. No cheese.
| I love when you can see the whole grains! |
| Veggies! |
Later on at home I had a side salad of baby greens, weight watcher mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken, yogurt dressing, and roasted pecans, and I also had 2 un-pictured white cheddar rice cakes.
Now it's time to get my study on for my test on Thursday. Last week was my first exam and now I have one basically every week until the semester ends. Is it May yet? haha

No comments:
Post a Comment