Monday, February 21, 2011

A test a week...

School is like winter.  Once the first cold front hits, there is no going back until spring thaw.  Once the first test of the semester hits, there is one every single week.  They come, turn your life upside down and consume you, and just when you have recovered there is another one looking you right in the face. 

I was pretty consumed with my last two exams, and this one really crept up on me.  I will be up very late tonight...if not all night. Not fun.

Today was an ok day overall.  I started out with some breakfast and lectures in bed.  I went for some granola that my mom put in my Valentine's Day gift bag and skim milk.  




Then a few hours later I had a light lunch of a Nutrisystem fajita pocket that was frozen and lost in the back of the freezer until I discovered it.  I enjoyed it with a dollop of yogurt ranch dressing. 




Then I hit the gym.  I had to meet someone at 5:15, which give me 45 minutes to run 4 miles.  It really motivated me to not slow down as much because I knew I wanted to tackle the whole 4 today, yet I couldn't be late.  It worked, and I was able to get in 4 miles in 43:45.  Pace = 10:56.


A big thanks to my sister Lauren (sorority not blood) who I ran into at the gym!  I asked her to take some pictures of me, and she did even though people were probably staring.  Love you! 

Looking pretty cool for 2 miles into the run (even though it looks like I'm just standing I promise I'm not --note the in motion pony tail)

Like the wind?  Maybe a subtle breeze..
I'm pretty famished now because I didn't really eat to much earlier today.  Dinner is crab cake sandwiches with tomato, dill dijoniase, and an Arnold's multi grain sandwich thin, some green bean cassy, and sweet potato waffle fries.  



I'm going to enjoy my dinner and then get back to hitting the books.  I'll be glad when my test is over tomorrow afternoon, and I have a fun fitness related activity planned for after my exam.  I'm hoping I won't be too exhausted for it.


1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the exams. This is my first down week in a while. I have a two really important exams in about two weeks and they are on the same freaking day. I hate that!

    ReplyDelete