So my first P&T test is tomorrow, but I am not yet freaking out. I feel prepared in the sense that I understand all the information and have been through it several times, but I still have a lot to do in regards to remembering lab values or those little details. 21 hours till test time!
Today so far has been good. Pharmacy management class was short, we literally went in and watched an episode of the office (the one on sexual harassment). Then he talked for 10 minutes and let us go. After that gym time, now study time.
Yesterday's workout - 3 mile run on the treadmill and Butts and Gutts. Half way through the class (after the gutts before the butts) I was ready to leave, but I stuck it out since I had no real reason to leave.
Today's workout - 3 mile treadmill run in 35 minutes (pace 11:40). Walked about a half mile during the course of it, not because I needed to...but because I wanted to. It was a nice 3 miles.
Today's workout - 3 mile treadmill run in 35 minutes (pace 11:40). Walked about a half mile during the course of it, not because I needed to...but because I wanted to. It was a nice 3 miles.
I wasn't even going to hit the gym today, but I decided to just bring everything I might need with me to campus so I wouldn't regret not having something or feel like I had to go home. It actually worked out because I'm going to study with a friend, and I'll have an hour break in between class and meeting with her. That's the perfect space for some gym time (and blog time of course).
I feel as if I'm sort of falling into a bit of an unhealthy pattern lately. Eating a bit more of what I shouldn't, not going to the gym as much as I should, etc. Living a healthy lifestyle is a hard thing to do, especially when your a student (although that's no excuse). All I can do is not let myself sweat the small stuff, but try and make healthy decisions every day.
Breakfast today - Banana and non-fat vanilla yogurt. I of course forgot a spoon...so I couldn't have the yogurt during class. (yes, I eat during class, and I don't feel bad about it one bit. My philosophy, as long as what I'm eating doesn't smell then I'm good. Banana and yogurt are non-disruptive to my classmates noses.)
Since I feel this this post could use a little flavor, I decided to list some confessions about me. Enjoy my deepest darkest secrets that only a few lucky people know...until now.
1) I'm addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper.
I actually haven't had it in my apartment for the past 2-3 weeks and it's been tough! I can't wait to get the "Diet Dr. Pete" soda stream flavor but of course it's back-ordered for a month. It must be back-ordered because it's the best soda there it.
2) I always lick the spoon. ALWAYS. And probably the bowl, spatula, plate, and counter as well.
3) My favorite food ever...is the Queso Dip from Ruby Tuesdays. It's ridiculous how good it tastes. Once they took it off the menu. Looking back I think I fell into a depression. They brought it back luckily. Maybe it could have been the 9,000 letters of outrage I mailed to them?
I feel as if I'm sort of falling into a bit of an unhealthy pattern lately. Eating a bit more of what I shouldn't, not going to the gym as much as I should, etc. Living a healthy lifestyle is a hard thing to do, especially when your a student (although that's no excuse). All I can do is not let myself sweat the small stuff, but try and make healthy decisions every day.
Breakfast today - Banana and non-fat vanilla yogurt. I of course forgot a spoon...so I couldn't have the yogurt during class. (yes, I eat during class, and I don't feel bad about it one bit. My philosophy, as long as what I'm eating doesn't smell then I'm good. Banana and yogurt are non-disruptive to my classmates noses.)
Since I feel this this post could use a little flavor, I decided to list some confessions about me. Enjoy my deepest darkest secrets that only a few lucky people know...until now.
1) I'm addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper.
I actually haven't had it in my apartment for the past 2-3 weeks and it's been tough! I can't wait to get the "Diet Dr. Pete" soda stream flavor but of course it's back-ordered for a month. It must be back-ordered because it's the best soda there it.
2) I always lick the spoon. ALWAYS. And probably the bowl, spatula, plate, and counter as well.
3) My favorite food ever...is the Queso Dip from Ruby Tuesdays. It's ridiculous how good it tastes. Once they took it off the menu. Looking back I think I fell into a depression. They brought it back luckily. Maybe it could have been the 9,000 letters of outrage I mailed to them?
4) I watch really embarrassing reality TV shows. And I love them. Please don't judge me.
5) My version of "the news" is reading Perez Hilton's blog everyday. Sometimes something important or political slips in, but only the really important stuff so I feel like I have my bases covered without having to invest my time in "real news" every day. I also get entertained with the drama of the celeb world. Win-win!
Currently I am sitting in a Starbucks enjoying a skinny vanilla latte. Once I hit publish post, I am hitting the books! There is a nice oldies station playing in here that is pretty relaxing. I'm digging it for memorizing anemia lab values.
5) My version of "the news" is reading Perez Hilton's blog everyday. Sometimes something important or political slips in, but only the really important stuff so I feel like I have my bases covered without having to invest my time in "real news" every day. I also get entertained with the drama of the celeb world. Win-win!
Currently I am sitting in a Starbucks enjoying a skinny vanilla latte. Once I hit publish post, I am hitting the books! There is a nice oldies station playing in here that is pretty relaxing. I'm digging it for memorizing anemia lab values.
What are your secret confessions? Anyone share some of mine?
Workout mantra of the day:
There are 168 hours in the week, and I'm only asking for 7 of them.
By the way - there is an awesome giveaway at Hungry Runner Girl! Check it out!
There are 168 hours in the week, and I'm only asking for 7 of them.
By the way - there is an awesome giveaway at Hungry Runner Girl! Check it out!










I love Perez Hilton, too! I worked at several newspapers and I know the importance on keeping up on news, however, it's kinda boring;) Perez is way more fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the workout mantra! We all need a little kick in the booty once in awhile! I don't fall behind on working out, but chocolate keeps hitting my mouth for some reason;)
Good luck on the test!!!
Ah man, anemia lab values? And you have to memorize them all? Not fun! Do you have to do it for all the different anemias?
ReplyDeleteI so lick the spoon... bowl... plate... etc too.
I use a lot of splenda. If I get sugar free hot chocolate I'll add more splenda to it so I'll have a sweeter hot chocolate, and I probably put about a cup in my oatmeal/cream of wheat.
I eat peanut butter/jelly/nutella/anything that tastes good alone out of the jar.
I won't eat any type of pork product, but secretly I still get cravings for things made out of pork (sausage, bacon, pork rinds...)
And I think it's completely okay to eat in class as long as it's not something crunchy and you don't make a lot of smacky/slurpy/crunchy noises while eating.
I still lick the spoon. Nothing wrong with that, right? : )
ReplyDeleteQueso and I are BFF. If they took it off the menu at my favorite place, I would be so upset. Maybe this is why I have to workout/run so much. I'm way too involved with food.
Trashy reality is pretty much all I watch. You summed it up for me with your list!
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TEST!!! : )