Monday, February 14, 2011

Finishing up a great weekend down the shore...

Saturday night was spent dining out at my favorite restaurant down the shore, Basilicos which is located on 43rd street in between Landis and Pleasure in Sea Isle City, NJ!  My family eats here every summer, and I even worked here for a summer when I was 15.  Joe and I split the Calamari Fritta Bruschetta for an appetizer, and for dinner we split the special appetizer of a crab cake and some linguini and the best entree on the menu, the Pollo Vincenzo.  This was a big step for us because we normally would have each gotten our own pollo vin's, but the portions are huge and we really didn't need all that food. 


Bread and oil
Breaded calamari fried and topped with bruschetta and mozzarella

Chicken tenders sauteed with roasted onions, spinach & red peppers tossed in a smoked gorgonzola cream sauce served over penne pasta

crab cake appetizer

My plate once we did our splitzies

Reese's Peanut butter pie to share


happy/creepy zoomed in picture

Where did all the wine go?
After dinner we walked a few blocks over to O'Donnell's Pour house which is an Irish bar in Sea Isle.  It's open on the weekends in the off season and there was a band playing tonight which is always a fun time.  Plus, since the bar wasn't too crowded, we were able to get in lots of requests.


His and Hers...Guinness and Blue Moon


The next morning was groundhog day (anyone seen that movie?) because we went back to Dock Mike's for the second morning in a row.  I was originally going to splurge and get some chocolate and peanut butter pancakes, but I couldn't pull that trigger and decided to get the same thing as the morning before (I'm a creature of habit).  I did, however, splurge to get a side pancake (which wasn't exactly on the menu but our waiter hooked it up).  

deja vu?

Omelet with spinach, tomatoes, onions, and coopers sharp cheddar with home fries and wheat toast

Side Pancake!

Joey splurged on chocolate chip pancakes with lots of yummy whipped cream on top.  I had a bite, and it was yummy.
Today is Valentine's Day!  I am just recovering from my cold (I am hoping today is the last day of it!!).  Tonight Joe and I have dinner plans, and I'm super excited to try out this restaurant.  Joe has never been there and I haven't been there in a while. 

Lunch Today:  A little white cheddar organic mac and cheese and a chicken salad pita.


The winner of my Bondi Band giveaway is mymandy14 over at Desserted Again!  Email me at sbarry410@gmail.com so I can get your information!


I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. YA!!!! I'm so excited to win! Thank you! I've emailed you!
    It looks like you are a PB & chocolate lady like me! I totally would have splurged on those pancakes! Looks like a fantastic weekend! Happy VDay to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ALWAYS wanted to go to the shore in the winter but have never been. I really need to sometime before this winter is over!

    ReplyDelete