Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's starting to feel like spring!

My test is done, and I'm in deep weekend/spring mode.  Today is a beautiful 60 degrees here in Philadelphia!  I usually go to the gym wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and sweat pants in it's winter.  After my morning workout, I didn't even put the sweats back on and just rocked shorts for the rest of the day...it felt amazing!  



Morning workout - Elliptical while studying - 45 minutes - about 3.5 miles at a resistance of 12.  I seriously had forgotten how much I LOVE the elliptical.   I love it, and I could do it all day long.  Running so hard for me sometimes, but the elliptical is always manageable.  I run more often because I feel that it physically benefits me more and helps me to become a better runner, but I do enjoy my elliptical days.

Breakfast - Yoplait Boston Cream Pie non-fat yogurt
Lunch - I took a trip down memory lane and went to the school cafeteria for lunch after class and my workout and before my test.  I hit up the stir fry station and made myself a little rice stir fry.

Mushrooms, bok choy, snap peas, bean sprouts, watercress chestnuts, carrots, chicken, rice, garlic, stir fry sauce.




It was a lot of food, and I ate less than half which was good.  Next time I have to remember to get it without meat.  The school meat is always a little sketchy, and I totally forgot about it.  I also wished that they had brown rice, but I guess you get what you get at the school cafeteria. 

Tomorrow my friend Pam and I are going on a great outdoor run together through center city then eating some lunch downtown!  It's supposed to be 65 degrees so we are trying to take full advantage of it!  Hopefully we are in decent enough shape to have a successful run. 

Pam and I circa 2008 being pledge sisters and looking HAGGARD.  Love it. 



1 comment: