Saturday, February 19, 2011

Two nights in a row?

Even though lately I'm a bit of a granny, I went out two nights in a row this week!  Crazy I know!  I don't know what's next, but maybe sky diving or bungee jumping to top my craziness. 

Last night was a bit of a hop, skip, and jump around Old City.  We started off at the Moshulu which is a boat on Penn's landing.  They have an outdoor deck bar (on the top of the boat) and opened it up because of the randomly nice day in February that we were experiencing.  It was great and they had no cover and a drink special happy hour.  It wasn't quite 25 cent drinks, but it was more of a grown up happy hour.  $3 beers and $5 wines.  I felt classy.  I wish I had worn my pearls.





I wore open toe shoes that I got for Christmas for the first time to celebrate the warm weather..big mistake..blister city!  But my feet looked adorable.


Pamster - rhymes with hamster.

I look so pale next to her...I can't wait for some of my upcoming trips to get a little sun. 

Some Moshulu happy hour sauvignon blanc
After the special ended at 8, Joe, Pam and I were starved.  We ended up going to Farmacia to enjoy some dinner.  It was BYOB and has a bar, so like cheapos we stopped and picked up a bottle on the way from Moshulu.  $12.99 in the state store is a bit more my style that $40 in the restaurant.  I ended up getting the exact same meal as the last time I went for dinner, and it did not disappoint.  It was light and perfect.


apple centerpiece.  It looked like it wasn't so ripe.  A bit bruised for a decoration.

Good old Wine and Spirits special. 

Joe and I split the Farmacia salad.  They even plate them separately which is convenient, 

Wheat bread (you can choose from a bunch of kinds)

Butta!

I had the St. Peter's Fish with spinach and potatoes.  Yes that is a big chunk of butter on top.  I removed it, but wasn't smart enough to take it off the plate, I'\m pretty sure it just melted into the veggies.  Scrumptious. 

Pammy rocked the chicken, kale, and polenta dish that was good, but we agreed her polenta was a bit under seasoned.  Good thing she's eating low-carb these day so she won't miss it ;-)

Joey got London broil, green beans, and some cheesy potatoes that were to die for (I had a bite or two!)

Pumpkin bread pudding = yum


Then we went over to McFadden's (the original not the ballpark) and met up with a few people who were celebrating their birthday.  We got some special wrist bands which were the golden ticket to $2 beers.  We stayed for about an hour then headed home.  When I start my night at happy hour, it's most likely not going to be a late one. 


A few of my sorority sisters.
Biggest success of the evening...no drunk munchies when I got home.  It was a close call, but I made it out of the kitchen without snacks.  

Today's list of things to tackle:
  • Clean the apartment! Who comes in when I'm out and makes it so messy?
  • Go to tutoring
  • Workout of some kind..undecided yet.
  • Get all my notes organized for my next upcoming test
  • Start studying for my upcoming test
  • Pack lunch for work tomorrow
Today will be considered a successful one if I accomplished all of these things!

What are you all doing this Saturday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment