Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Loath Wednesdays

I really hate them!  haha.  For me, Wednesday is really the HUMP of my week, it's actually more of huge mountain.  My Monday's and Tuesday's are pretty free, and Thursdays and Fridays are not so bad, but my Wednesday is jam packed with classes and labs (and studying for the pharmacology test that I have tomorrow!).  

Me circa 1989
So today, for the second day in a row, I went to the gym before my first morning class!  Yay!  The pro to the morning workout is that I get it done with and out of the way before I would have normally just been starting my day.  The con, is that I always feel really restricted on time.  For instance, I was a little slow to get up today, and instead of doing 3 miles like I had planned on doing, I only had time to do 2.5 miles (while listening to my Valentine's Day playlist).  I suppose it happens.  Maybe doing these type of workouts will encourage me to run faster because I'll be pressed for time?  Instead of saying oh I'll walk for a minute or two or I'll run slower because it's more comfortable, etc.  




Today's eats--I'm disclosing everything today....just because...
- Breakfast: non-fat cherry Dannon yogurt
- Lunch: Cheese steak pocket by Nutrisystem and side salad with lite balsamic dressing, fat free feta, and roasted pecans, 4 chocolate covered pretzels.
- Snack: Ranch Quakes - oh so yummy.
- Dinner: (early) tuna salad in a Toufayan wheat pita (late) organic white cheddar macaroni and cheese, tomato soup, 1 heart shaped Valentine's Reese.





I did not eat the whole box for the record...
Snack!

Dessert!

Kind of a big grazing day, but I needed some fuel to keep me going through the hump!

So question of the day:  
Are you a morning person?  Were you always a morning person?  Do you have any advice to help me become more of a morning person?

I am not a morning person AT ALL.  I am always really slow to wake up, and rarely choose to wake up earlier than I absolutely have to (aka 15 minutes before class).  I would love to enjoy waking up early because you get so much more done, but I really enjoy sleeping in and find it hard to get the motivation to wake up early.  All advice is welcome!

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a morning person...always have been. I'm just more productive then! Biggest tip: set the alarm across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off. And turn on all the lights the second you're up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had tomato soup last night, too!

    I am SO not a morning person! And right now I see no reason to get up any earlier than... whenever I wake up, and later if possible. Since I basically have completely free days now, it's just kind of depressing to wake up and know that I'll just be wasting away all day... I should start writing a paper that's due sometime in May, and study for a test I have to take in sometime in May or earlier...

    BUT on the days that I have to be a "morning person" I make sure to have all of my stuff ready to go. If I'm not running first I make sure to have the auto set on the coffee pot and as long as it's only the first or second day of having to get up early I'm pretty good at lecturing myself on getting up right when the alarm goes off. It's also useful that my dogs know when the alarm goes off (or the music starts blaring from my phone) it's time to get up and go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya Shannon! I really don't like waking up an earlier than I have to! Morning workouts seem so much harder also, because I'm just not awake and can't "push" myself like I would normally. With that being sad, I have no advice for you, but I can feel your pain;)

    ReplyDelete