It's that time again! Giveaway time. I'm really really excited about this one!
So you may remember that this past holiday season, I did a post on all the things of my holiday wish list. Well, two months later I was able to get the Road ID that I had been wanting so badly.
If you don't know what a Road ID is, it's a bracelet that you can wear when you go out on runs, walks, bike rides, etc. It has important information on it that can be beneficial should something ever happen to you while out on the road. This was right up my ally, because to be honest, I'm not so much a risk taker when it comes to safety. Don't get me wrong, to each her/his own, but I wear my seat belt in the car, rock a helmet on the bike, and always try to run on side walks instead of streets. Unfortunately, I live in the city, and it's pretty crazy with traffic and cars whizzing by you. You can never be too careful, and that is why everyone who exercises outside should wear a Road ID.
Road ID says that their dream is "to see the day where wearing ID is as common among athletes as wearing a seat belt is among motorists."
Here are Road ID's top 10 reasons that you should wear one of their bracelets.
1. If you can’t speak for yourself, Road ID will speak for you.
2. Road ID enables First Responders to immediately contact family members and friends.
3. Road ID enables family members to provide additional details about your health or give consent for potentially life saving procedures.
4. Road ID enables hospital staff to locate vital medical records.
5. Road ID can communicate medical conditions or allergy information to medical staff.
6. Road ID can prevent serious delays in treatment by saving crucial time during the “golden hour” of medical treatment.
7. It’s far better to have Road ID and not need it than to need Road ID and not have it. It’s not just a piece of gear, it’s peace of mind.
8. Accidents happen far more than you think they do. Each year approximately 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification.
9. Road ID looks good on and makes a statement about your athletic lifestyle – not to mention that studies would probably prove that people that wear Road ID are considerably smarter than those that don’t.
10. Road ID can save your Life. Period.
My Road ID is pretty simple. I don't have any medical conditions or allergies to medications, but I really wanted to put the contact information on my Road ID so that if something were to ever happen to me, the first responders would have that direct information on hand. I don't know about you guys, but I don't often go running with my wallet (weighs me down too much)! If I were to be unable to speak for myself, nobody would even know who I was without identification.
Road ID has a bunch of products, but they have two main types of Road ID's. The original one has lines for your name, allergies, emergency contacts, and a fun slogan. There is also another kind where you can build a profile online with your current medications or conditions. This information can be accessed if you are ever in need, and it can also be changed and updated without actually having to physically change the bracelet itself.
![]() |
| Image fro RoadID.com |
For my road ID, I chose a purple one. It was an impulse decision, and I haven't regretted it thus far. It came in a bunch of colors. I was going to go for the standard black, but then I decided that I wanted my ID to have a pop of color. I'll be running and biking, not going to the prom, so I can rock a little Road ID flare. I have both of my parent's names and cell phone numbers on my ID because they live relatively close by. I also have "NKA" which stands for no known allergies to medications. As a pharmacy student I know how important that one is! I had one line left at the bottom of the ID, and I chose to put a little slogan. They have a lot of suggestions of one and two lined slogans that would easily fit and look nice, and I decided to go with "Live Your Dreams". This slogan is simple and fitting for what I am trying to accomplish everyday in my life. I am trying to get through school to live my dream of being a pharmacist, and I am also trying to dream up new ways to challenge myself mentally and physically.
| Very comfortable and light. |
| Velcro strap for an easy fit and quick to put on bracelet. |
So how can you get your hands on one of these bad boys? You can go buy one of course (and you should!), but first you enter my giveaway and see if you win! Road ID is giving away one Road ID to a lucky winner!!!
To enter the giveaway you must be a follower of Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy and go to their website to tell me which motivational sayings (if any) you would put on your Road ID. If you wouldn't use a motivational saying on yours, tell me which color you would get. Or both!
Extra entries: (leave a separate comment for every entry)
- Like Road ID on Facebook
- Follow Road ID on Twitter
- Spread the giveaway love - post it on your blog, twitter, facebook (each an extra entry)
- Spread the giveaway love - post it on your blog, twitter, facebook (each an extra entry)
So there you have it! Giveaway ends in 1 week - Thursday!


I would definitely get the Shoe ID in red. I was told by a paramedic that it should be as simple as possible and easy to be seen on a shoe, so the red would stand out. For that reason, I'd have no inspirational quotes, just the important information. I would never remember to put something on my wrist, so the shoe is perfect!
ReplyDeleteLike on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteFollowed on Twitter!
ReplyDeleteHey! I love the the wrist one like yours in purple or the ankle on in pink. Such a good idea! I woul djust put the essentials on it. Maybe my dogs name cause she runs with me. Awesome! I follow you!
ReplyDeletei would get the red shoe ID with the inspiration phrase: running the good race. I need one of these!
ReplyDeleteI follow! And I would probably get the yellow ID, but I don't know about a motivational quote.
ReplyDeleteIm a follower & I would get the RED shoe ID without an insirational phrase
ReplyDeleteI posted this on my blog (linked on sidebar to actual post)
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower! I doubt I would get a slogan, but I would definitely choose purple! It's my favorite color!
ReplyDeleteI follow you both and i like (wow that sounds creepy - sorry)
ReplyDeleteI'd go w/ something an old training partner would say in a thick arnold schwazenegger accent
'Here comes the pain'
and it'd be black
I'm a follower!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking: "Never waste the gift" would go on my RoadID!
I'm a follower and I would pick either blue or red. I think my quote would be Run More or Run with your heart.
ReplyDeleteI am a follower! I would get the wrist ID in pink or purple and have "just keep moving, moving, moving"
ReplyDeleteLiked on FB
ReplyDeleteTwitter follower!
ReplyDeleteLiked Road ID on Facebook :)
ReplyDeleteFollowing Road ID on Twitter
ReplyDeletePosted it on my Twitter (rawremiry)
ReplyDeleteI would get the pink Road ID and inscribe "Persevere!" ...perseverance gets me through the hardest times and the most difficult runs. I'd love to have a Road ID for running around campus at night!
ReplyDeleteFollow and like on the 'book. I think I'd like the blue one
ReplyDeleteI follow you and I liked you on facebook. I would really enjoy a product like this!
ReplyDeleteI liked it on facebook too!
I liked Road ID on facebook.
ReplyDeleteI would get the purple Road ID like you and it would say "I run to finish, not to win". Having a road ID is such a good idea!
ReplyDelete