Monday, February 7, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip healthified

I'm excited for this Monday for only one reason....and that is becauseeeeeee....I want it to be Firday!  I have a fairly fun weekend planned with a dinner with one of my oldest friends and all of the girls in her wedding (including me!), a relaxing weekend down the shore (mainly studying but still getting away), and then Monday is Valentine's Day!  I really just have to get through Wednesday, and then I'm home free.  Wednesday is my first big P&T test, then after my test I have not 1 but 2 long labs.  Oy!  

Before cracking the books I'll do a brief recap of my Superbowl Sunday!

Firstly, I worked for 9 hours.  It was exhausting.  We were understaffed which meant I did everything.  I packed this delicious lunch the night before, but never got to the orange and banana sadly.  Busy at work = no time for fruit.  Maybe I have to make myself be like one of those kids at lunch who can't have their fun stuff till they eat the healthy part?

non-fat vanilla yogurt, chicken salad sandwich, granola, orange, banana, coffee
After work I scurried home to join the rest of America in watching the superbowl!   I enjoyed it, and before heading over to the boyfriend's house to watch, I decided to make some buffalo chicken dip!  I tried to healthify it up as much as possible since there is a bunch leftover and I know I will be partaking in it a lot (plus the boys on the football team who are done playing are trying to lose their football weight as well).  It was a win-win and tasted awesome.  

Recipe from Frank's Red Hot Website:

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened  (I used Philadelphia Fat Free)
1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing (I used ranch yogurt dressing)
1/2 cup any flavor FRANK'S® REDHOT® Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (I actually forgot to add this...whoops haha)
2 cans (12.5 oz. each) SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained

The directions were easy, Mix everything up and then pop it in the oven for 20 minutes.  I served the dip with sliced Italian bread and tortilla chips.  I also tripled the recipe and everything worked out fine.  Definitely spicy, but not uneatable spicy.  If you prefer it to be more mild I would cut the hot sauce down by a little bit.  

What it is supposed to look like.

What mine looked like.
I think I did a fairly good job considering I just had to work for 9 hours of craziness and made this bad boy in 5 minutes flat (not including cooking time).  Wish I had more pictures of the cooking and preparing process, but I was in a hurry and basically forgot.  This recipe is definitely a must have at your next gathering!  
 
As for the real important thing on Superbowl Sunday, the commericails, I was a little unimpressed this year.  I kept saying, someone paid a million dollars to put this stupid commercial up!   Here is my favorite below, though.  Animal commecials get me every time...so funny!






Plan for today: Study, study, maybe gym, tutoring, study.  Woohoo.  Hope everyone else enjoys their Mondays!

What are your favorites from this year's Superbowl commercials?

What are your favorite dishes fto make while watching the game?


2 comments:

  1. ive made that dip before, the bf loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pint sized Darth Vader was pretty cool. I had seen that one floating around YouTube and Facebook, so it was not new, but it was nice seeing it on the big screen. I was not too impressed by many of the other commercials, though. The Clydesdales got ripped off. They needed more air time!

    ReplyDelete