Tonight I wore the last piece of apparel from Pearl iZumi that was sent to me for a review. I loved all the pieces that they sent my way.
First, tonight I wore the Infinity Split Shorts while doing the elliptical. The Infinity Split Short: combines great fit and performance of the industry-leading Infinity Short with a side split for enhanced mobility.
When I first got them I was a little hesitant because they seemed a little different than my normal cut of shorts. The material is super soft and the shorts are not too tight. I really didn't feel like the shorts were binding at all, either around the waist or down on the thigh region. I am in-between a Medium and a Large in shorts depending on the brand and cut, and I got a large just to be on the safe side. These are comfortable but not too big. Definitely an A+ in my book. I can't wait to wear them in an upcoming race this spring.
I also got a pair of sneakers! I was so excited because I needed a new pair pretty badly. I also just love shoes! The Pearl iZumi sneakers that were sent to me were a SynchroFloat IV: Neutral +; has a touch of support for the mild pronator with a smooth, well-cushioned ad responsive fit for the efficient runner; Energy Foam bounces back energy back; made with recycled material; 360 degree anatomical lacing.
First of all, I love the color. Blue is my favorite color, and I always tend to prefer mostly black sneakers as opposed to mostly white ones (even though I know it's a cardinal sin to choose sneakers based on color and not for proper arch support). Since these sneakers were sent to me, I was not able to be analyzed etc to see if they were appropriate for my gait. These seemed like they run a little tight (at least to me), so I would recommend going up a size if you are in between sizes. I'm normally an 8-8.5, and an 8.5 in these fit me just right. They were really supportive. I think they might be more of a cross-training shoe or standing on my feet at work shoe for me. They were a little tight on me for running, but I probably will run with them on from time to time. Overall, super cute, stylish and comfortable. I would definitely go back and check out more styles of their sneakers.
I also received a shirt from them (I couldn't find a picture online so maybe it's new and not yet released). It was a cool weather top, long sleeves, and it was perfect for my run with Pam on Friday since the temperature was in the mid 60's.
The shirt was black with white trim on the sides and green stitching. It was perfect for that glimpse of spring weather we had, and I can't wait to wear it out more in the spring. Most of the long sleeve gear that I have is more for cold weather, but this was thin, moisture wicking, and cute. It wasn't too tight, and could zip down the first 1/3 of the front of the shirt if you get a little hot. I checked out their website and saw a bunch of other amazing tops that were cute and functional.
A big thanks to Pearl iZumi for sending me some awesome gear to try out. I honestly loved all three pieces!
You guys should definitely check out the Pearl iZumi website and see all that they have to offer!



I love all those clothes! My spring break March 4-14. I'm not sure which day's I'll out of town though. The weekend after that I'm running a 10k on the 20th. Let me know what works for you!
ReplyDeleteI am not familiar with this brand, but their gear looks awesome on you!!
ReplyDeleteGood review! As far as shoes go- for running long distances (60+ min)its recommended you go up a .5 size because your feet swell (that why a lot of first timer long distance runners toe nails fall off) if you're doing shorter workouts under 60, then whatever your normal size is go for that.
ReplyDeleteGreat review! Lucky you!
ReplyDelete