Friday, February 25, 2011

Disney Princess Weekend Expo!

Last night I was in a mad dash to the airport (got a late start) and made the flight just in time.  Joe and I were absolutely famished so we grabbed a bit to eat a a place that I rarely visit anymore...McDonalds.  

When I was younger, elementary school up to high school, I would go to McDonalds every Saturday with my Dad and brother, pick up the dry cleaning, and visit my grandparents.  I used to love this tradition, and it was great spending time with my Dad since he works a lot and travels often.  Now, I hardly ever get McDonalds because I know how it's not really a healthy option.  I always feel nostalgic when indulging in it and remember the good times that I had when I would go with my family during our Saturday errands.  

Although I usually would go with the Big Mac (classic fatty meal) in my younger days, I chose a grilled chicken classic sandwich, medium fry, medium diet coke.  I still stand by that McDonalds has the best fountain soda in the World.  Wide straws, just the right amount of carbonation, perfection.



As long as you are informed about what's going in your mouth you can make better decisions




We of course picked the only row in the whole plane that didn't recline. And the people in front of us were reclining so far that i could have braided their hair and given them scalp massages...great.

crackers and peanuts from Southwest


This morning I woke up refreshed and got ready to head over to the Disney Princess Weekend Expo at the Wide World of Sports!!!

Breakfast - Everything bagel thin with 1/3 less fat onion and chive Philadelphia cream cheese
I stopped by staples to pick up some business cards to hand out at the Expo!


The Expo was held at the wide world of sports!



There were some awesome vendors and products here, and some definitely caught my eye that I'd like to review
Before hitting the pool we ate lunch in at the house.  Salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, onions, reduced fat sargento cheese, and yogurt ranch dressing.  Egg salad sandwich on Arnold's multi grain sandwich thin.  I love egg salad, i need to have it more often. 




We made sure to stock the house with all the healthy staples that we all enjoy.  Most of us here are trying to eat as healthy possible while still enjoying the vacation!  

It's about time to go hit up the pool!  I love the sun!  So excited!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a Road ID! 

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of the shorts and t-shirt! ...and pool... and sun... and warmth... and Florida! Have fun!

    Also, I hadn't been to McDonald's in AGES until I went to Sweden/Germany and ate there twice. Plus Dunkin' Donuts.

    ReplyDelete