Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pushing it to the Limit…Literally

So when I sometimes worry about not being ready to finish my half marathon in about 6 weeks…I like to think of motivating stories of runners to inspire me.  Well here is an unusual story…

A pregnant woman recently ran a full marathon AND gave birth on the same day!  After running in the Chicago Marathon last Sunday, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl!

ambermiller_crop_650

Not only did she finish a FULL MARATHON, 9 months pregnant, while experiencing some early signs of labor…she beat her husband!  He’s not going to be able to live that down…

This is going to be one of my new “inspirational stories.”  For instance, whenever I go to take an exam and I’m really nervous, I think of someone I knew who missed an entire exam (ended up getting a 0) but still passed the class.  If he could do it I can definitely pass the class by taking all the exams. 

I can see it now…7 miles into the half marathon….I start to question whether or not I can finish…and I’m just going to this of this woman hitting the wall while having a contraction…talk about tough.  So bottom line…if she does it with a baby trying to claw its way out, then I’m going to finish strong no matter what. 

090

Plus…I’m a sucker for that medal I’ll get…

No comments:

Post a Comment