…literally…today I went back to spinning! The class was good, and I was happy to be back getting my sweat on. There are classes at the studio pretty much any time of day, any day of the week. My favorite instructor only teaches pretty early, so if I want to spin with him I need to get my butt up and out of bed.
I missed these awesome state of the art bikes! I swear once you ride on them you can never go back to standard spinning bikes. Be warned! I did notice today that I felt a little slower than normal, but I kept trucking through the workout and did just fine. It could be that I’m eating a lot less carbs than before too. When you change your fuel sometimes workouts can feel different.
Today was the jumping off point for training for the Philadelphia Half marathon in November. I have high hopes that I will be able to run on November 20th and complete my first 13.1, and I developed a plan that I put a lot of time into. I slowly increase my miles starting at 2 and running up to 10 before the half. I took into account days I have work, exams, etc because I wanted to be realistic (a 10 miler is never going to happen the morning of a Kinetics exam…ever!). My plan is loosely 3 days of running, 1 day or yoga, 1 day of spinning, and 1 day of another form of cross a week ( 5 of the weeks it will probably be a row zone class since I have a groupon of 5 classes I need to use before December). I knew I didn’t want to run more than 3 days a week, and if I ran less I would never be ready for it, physically.
Since I’ve lost over 20 pounds since the last time I went to a vigorous exercise class, I did notice some differences. Not being fueled as much, that was definitely one. But I also noticed that I wasn’t sweating as much. I was still pushing it hard, but I didn’t feel like it was as demanding as when I was 20 pounds heavier.
This morning was productive, just like I wanted it to be. Before leaving for spinning I threw my laundry in the wash, then I dried, folded, and put it away after coming home. I showered (ok I admit I put showering as a task on my to do list), ate lunch, and straightened up all before going to my first class. Its just a small feeling of satisfaction to get a bunch of busy work done before you normally even wake up. I think my early Monday morning spinning classes are going to be my productivity jump starter every week!
Today’s lunch.
Tomorrow I have a pharmacology exam so I must go study. I’ve been dreading it because the notes are really basic and the text is really specific. We need to know somewhere in between, but I don’t know what. See you all tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment