Thursday, October 20, 2011

No Carbs–No Problem

Today was a busy one!  I met a friend for lunch at Iron Hill and got my favorite entrée they serve, their salmon salad on arugula with feta, peppers, onions, and tomatoes.  I said no to the little potato crispies and the breadstick that I knew came with it.  Willpower.

010

After lunch I ran a few errands.  First on my list was trader Joe’s which shares a parking lot with Iron Hill.  Mucho convenient.  I picked up some fruits, veggies, and meats.  Although I am missing having starches and grains (I’ve been going without them for a little while) I am having a good time experimenting with some awesome veggies and proteins!  I picked up some really interesting things at Trader Joes so stay tuned for some yummy dinners.  I truly am doing great without the carbs.  I think the only negative is that I could use more fuel in the form of carbs for before running.

013015

Since I was in the area of my parent’s house, I stopped by to pick up a few coupons that came in the mail, say hi to my Mom and brother, and use their treadmill.  One less stop for the day (gym), right?  I love that they have a treadmill in the house now because I can put an on-demand movie on and go to town.  The treadmill does seem a bit fast though.  Maybe because it is used less than treadmills at the gym, it’s less worn down and slow?  I don’t know.  All I know is that I started it off with a planned run, and that was not happening at all.  Instead I watched the first half of the Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd, and Owen Wilson movie, How Do You Know…it was cute…anyways, I walked 2 miles at an increasing incline in under 30 minutes.  Got a light sweat on and that was good enough for me. 

When I came back to the apartment, I was starving.  Not because of my intense workout (I kid), but because I had put a pork tenderloin in the crock pot before I left for the morning, and it was smelling oh so tasty. 

The verdict was….well…it was less dry then last week when I cooked a similar pork tenderloin in the oven.  But the marinade that came on it basically melted off and away so it wasn’t as flavorful as it could have been.  I need to find some way to cook it in between! 

Besides that, dinner was good.  I had originally planned on a different veggie but since I was a dumb blonde at Trader Joes and forgot to pick up the ingredients, I did a repeat of last weeks goat cheese stuffed mushrooms.  I also had a side of sautéed onions to add a little something to the pork.  They also helped fill the no carb void on my plate. 

016

Jersey Shore.  Studying.  Bedtime. 

2 comments:

  1. Are you planning on reintroducing some healthy carbs back into your diet sometime? Just curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the first week of November I'm going to reintroduce whole grains and healthy carbs back in!

    ReplyDelete