Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Patching

We went to the pumpkin patch today!  The past few years I’ve been wanting to go to a festive pumpkin patch near me called Linvilla Orchards, but the timing never worked out.  Joe had football pretty much every day except Sundays, and I worked Sundays.  So day-time field trips were hard to take in the fall…aka football season. 

Linvilla Orchards was packed today with tons of families!  Joe and I had a lot to do, so we unfortunately didn’t participate in any of the hayrides or other activities.  We did check out the pumpkins and the farmers market which both were a lot of fun.

There were small pumpkins

034

Bigger Pumpkins

035

Huge Pumpkins

039

Fairytale Pumpkins

038

“Wee Bee” Little Pumpkins

040

And Lil Pump-Ke-Mon pumpkins…(like pokemon?)

043

Joe and I each settled on a small pumpkin and 3 of the “Wee Bee” little pumpkins.  Since we live in small apartments (and can’t set our pumpkins outside due to the fact that they’d probably be stolen) we just kept is small. 

036037041042

I’m hoping to carve the top off, clean out the inside, and use it as a vase for a Thanksgiving decoration.  I saw one on pinterest and it’s adorable. 

pumpkin flowers

Dinner was a goodie.  I roasted a honey mustard flavored pork tenderloin in the oven, and paired it with soy sauce green beans.  I couldn’t really taste the honey mustard marinade too much, but it was still delicious. 

I cut the tenderloin in half to make sure it cooked all the way though..

048049053

My little pumpkin patch is looking good in the apartment.  I think my fish is loving all the color and company from his pumpkin buddies!

051

No comments:

Post a Comment