Thursday, October 6, 2011

First Run Back

First things first.  Last night I didn’t get to go to free yoga at Lululemon but I did go on a nice dinner date.  Joe and I hadn’t seen each other too much in the last week so we decided to take a trip to have dinner at the Outback Steakhouse.  I was pretty excited. 

007

003004

Funny thing was, we both didn’t get steak.  I tried to keep my meal on the healthy side by getting a side Caesar salad, no croutons, grilled lobster tails, and green beans.  I only ate one lobster tail and took the other one home for tonight’s dinner.  Joe got ribs and a loaded baked potato.  I was super jealous because I love me some loaded spuds.

002006

When I got home, Joe was a good boyfriend and he helped me hang up “the pile".  Hanging up clothes is my second least favorite choice, slightly better than cleaning out the fish tank.  Every time I do a load of laundry, I fold everything, put it away, and the couple of things that need to be hung go in “the pile”.  The pile then grows and grows because it is always the absolute last thing on my to do list to accomplish.  Well, I finally got to it! 

008

“The pile”

Workout: 2 mile run.  Long. Slow. Terrible

Well, it seems like I am in worse shape than I thought.  I got my spandex on, an old race tee, strapped on my garmin and laced up my shoes this morning for my first run in 6 weeks.  I went on vacation, started school, focused on my diet, etc. and took a running hiatus.  I was anxious and excited to hit the pavement.

Well, my excitement was offset by the fact that my run sucked.  After about every quarter mile of running I was out of breath, my heart was beating fast, and I was not a happy camper.  My 2 mile run took 27 minutes 40 seconds…and I came to the realization that I am definitely in worse shape than I hoped I was in.  On the positive side, I feel good that I got the first run out of the way.  Looks like I’m going to have to really work my butt off to get in shape for the Philly Half.  Hopefully with a little time it will all come back to me!

1 comment:

  1. Just added you to the list of wonderful bloggies running Philly. shoot me an email if you want to know about the meet up we're organizing

    amandacbrooks at yahoo

    http://www.runtothefinish.com/2011/09/philadelphia-marathon-whos-running.html

    ReplyDelete