Last week while I was watching the Biggest Loser, Hannah came back to talk to the red team and showed them how to make stuffed peppers with Jeannie-O Turkey. They looked oh so good. I decided that since tonight is a Biggest Loser night, I would make the peppers and watch the show.
Ingredients (Makes 2 portions)
2 Red Bell Peppers
Jeannie-O Lean Turkey (I used 1 package of Extra Lean 99/1)
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 onion
1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
Cook the Jeannie-O turkey in a pan. Mix in minced onions. Once cooked, stir in 1/2 cup marinara sauce and let simmer. While simmering, cut the bell peppers length-wise and place them in the oven for about 5 minutes. Take the peppers out, fill them with the Jeannie-O onion mix, then sprinkle a little mozzarella on the top and put them back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Deeelish. I paired them with fresh green beans topped with 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese.
Also note, that the package o Jeannie-O probably has enough meat to stretch out to 3 peppers. Since I was eating with Joe, he just had his 2 pepper halves as well as a helping of the extra meat.
Looks like Christmas on a plate right? Gotta love that natural color!
Workout – 4 mile run in about 47 minutes.
Today’s 4 mile run was SO much better than Saturday’s 4 mile run. On Saturday, every 0.5 miles I had to walk 0.1 miles for the first 2 miles than 0.2 miles for the second 2 miles. Today…I was able to double my running time to full mile increments.
Ran 1 mile
Walked 0.1 mile
Ran 1 mile
Walked 0.1 miles
Ran 1 mile
Walked 0.2 miles
Ran 0.5 miles
Walked 0.1 mile
Definitely much more successful! Getting back into running is BRUTAL, but when you slowly start to get some sort of endurance back it’s the best feeling. Today, as the miles kept adding, I was definitely getting more and more winded and thirsty at the end of the mile increments. I pushed myself to the limit to finish each mile strong, and I’m definitely happy with the progress. I shaved about 4-5 minutes off my time from 3 days ago so I was really pleased.
Practice makes progress! :-)
yum, i love using ground turkey instead of beef for stuffed peppers! so flavorful!
ReplyDeleteps love the top, i have the same one in multiple colors :)