Although I am taking difficult classes in my 5th year of pharmacy school, there is one thing that I definitely can’t complain about…and that’s the amount of free time I have. I only have 1 lab which is 2 hours, and compared to freshman year where I took 4 more credits with 2 labs that were each 3 hours long, I feel like I have an infinite amount of free time. In fact, after Wednesdays, I don’t have any Thursday or Friday obligations. So Thursday is really the new Saturday.
This morning I slept in a little. I woke up and did my normal morning ritual. Lay in bed, grab my phone, squint and check any text messages or email. I saw a email that my Kinetics grade had been posted, and I had never shot up out of bed so fast. I threw my contacts in and reached for the computer to pull it up. Let’s just say I was very happy with my score and got a full 15 points above the average grade. Doing well on a hard exam is sometimes the most gratifying feeling ever. It was an amazing start to my day.
I had 3 easy miles planned for today and invited my friend Pam to run them with me. It wasn’t rainy out, but last night had been rainy so there were lots of puddles. We opted to run inside on the track at our gym, which was actually good because one of the things I’ve been struggling with on my runs is being thirsty. The last 3 runs I had I kept feeling as if I had better hydration that I would have more energy.
The indoor track was 10 laps to a mile. After about every half mile or so I walked a lap with my water bottle, hydrated, and got some energy back. I felt like the run wasn’t super easy, but I made it through. I know that I haven’t been fueling as well as I should for my runs so that is part of my endurance issues as well and something that I need to address. Overall I got 3 done and was pretty pleased.
I have this assignment hanging over my head that isn’t worth a ton and is going to be time consuming. I need to get it done so I can start my weekend once and for all!
No comments:
Post a Comment