Today was a rainy day. Perfect for getting into comfy clothes and doing something relaxing…
Old huge high school rugby = most amazing comfy shirt (while still looking preppy and not sloppy)
In case you haven’t read it before, I live Groupon and Living Social deals. Awhile back, I got a Groupon for an hour massage at Knead Body Clinic down in Old City. It was expiring soon so I figured after a stressful exam on Monday and a long week of assignments that I would schedule it for today!
I’ve gotten massages a bunch of times before and each one is definitely different. The last time I got a Groupon for on it was to Lux Salon and Spa in Old City which seemed fancy, but then the masseuse used ZERO pressure on me. It was right after I ran Broad Street so I was actually hoping for a good rub to get all that lactic acid out of my muscles!
This one was strange because it was in the Old City Sweat Fitness gym. I just thought it was in the same building, but it was LITERALLY in the gym. Like in between the weight room and the cardio area there was a tiny space with a receptionist and then a door on either side of her to two massage rooms. There was one masseuse, and I think when she was done with one person, the next client would go to the other room and while that massage was going on they would turn over the first room. Very efficient for a tiny space I suppose.
I really enjoyed my massage and she used just the right amount of pressure, definitely on the harder side of the spectrum but my muscles were sore from training for Philly Half Marathon so they needed it. At one point she put on these exfoliating gloves and exfoliated my feet which I have never experienced during a massage. Weird, but I basically got a pedicure without the polish for free so I’m not complaining.
Today’s food was not really planned out at all. It was just a hodge-podge of what I had in my refrigerator.
Breakfast - One egg, the rest egg whites with ham and goat cheese, 1/2 grapefruit.
Lunch – Leftover meat from the stuffed peppers we had last night for dinner. I mixed in 1 serving of skim ricotta and topped it with some skim mozzarella so it had a ziti/Italian taste without the pasta.
Dinner – I just looked in my fridge and used a bit of everything I had left from the week to make a BBQ chicken salad. Romaine, BBQ chicken, reduced fat feta, guacamole, and a sauteed onion.
I originally had planned on a 6 mile run, but my shoulder was killing me this morning and I decided my body needed a rest day. I aggravated my shoulder somehow sleeping a few weeks ago and sometimes when I wake up its really in a lot of pain. If it keeps bothering my I am going to get it checked, but since some days it’s ok…I’m hoping it will heal on it’s own. I moved some things around in the training plan so I can execute the run at another time and not miss out on a day.
This week has straight up exhausted me. I need to majorly catch up on sleep this weekend and week coming up because I have a lot of running, life, and school work to complete. I need to be well rested and ready to go!
Do any of you buy Groupons for beauty treatments?
I will get them if they are a good deal and save them for after races/stressful exams. Little rewards for hard work!
No comments:
Post a Comment