Sunday, October 23, 2011

Grown Up Sleepover

Yesterday was a great day!  I really didn’t feel like running, but I made myself go to the gym for a treadmill run.  I’m finding it easier to force myself to run longer and harder on treadmills than running outside.  I think it’s constantly seeing the distance left tick away that allows me to push myself. 

001

5 miles in 63 minutes.  I’ll take it.

After my run I showered up and took a much needed nap.  I then cleaned the apartment, got some studying in, then had my friend Alli over for dinner and wine. 

On the menu was pesto chicken which I picked up from Trader Joes, soy sauce green beans, and side salads with Goat Cheese and Champagne Pear Vinaigrette dressing that I got at Trader Joes.  This dressing was the bomb!  Go buy it…immediately.

005007008

After a fun sleepover and chatting and drinking wine, we got up and went to brunch.  First we went to the local diner, but apparently this week they had closed down!  Shocking.  Now where are all the drunk kids at Penn going to eat in the middle of the night?  Anyways, we regrouped and headed to a take out/eat in restaurant down the road called Greek Lady.  Breakfast was pretty good.  I got an egg white omelet with ham, tomatoes, onions, and American cheese and a side of turkey bacon.  I asked for spinach but that didn’t make it’s way in there.  I got a side Greek salad instead of home fries, and asked for no toast but they brought it anyways so I had to stare at it.  The omelet was good, but I wasn’t really full after breakfast (not as full as I would have been after those home fries!) 

012

009

Alli got french toast….I was definitely jealous. 

014

Now it’s time for me to lock away any distractions and teach myself PnT all day and all night.  Literally…no stopping.  See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment