Yesterday was just a 2 salad type of day.
Lunch was homemade chicken salad on top of fresh spinach with onions and crumbled goat cheese. No dressing I use just the moist consistency from the chicken salad, and it was pretty awesome.
Dinner was a fajita salad, and I have to say, that this fajita salad rivaled anything you would get in a restaurant. It was deeelish. Again, no dressing, but I did have a tbsp of guacamole, a tbsp of non-fat sour cream, and a tbsp of salsa which all made for great toppings when combined together. It was super easy to male
Ingredients (Makes 2 large portions)
Romaine Lettuce
1.5 Red Bell Pepper
1.5 Green Bell Pepper
2 White Onions
14 medium-large sized shrimp
Handful of Mushrooms
1/4 cup Reduced Fat Sargento Mexican-blend Cheese
Toppings of choice (sour cream, guacamole, salsa, dressing, etc)
I let the sliced up peppers, onions, and mushrooms satuee for a while, and I only spritzed them with a little spray on olive oil. Then I tossed them with some salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. In a separate small plan I heated up the shrimp and just spiced them with the same spices. I then put down the lettuce, the the fajita mix, then the shrimp, sprinkled with cheese, and applied the toppings. It was super easy except for all the chopping which was a little annoying.
The funny thing was I was not in the mood to cook or make this dinner at all. I had a long day, and normally I just would have ordered take out on a night like last night. Luckily that wasn’t an option and since I had all that great food I was going to make the meal I had planned.
Took an off day for working out, and I went to bed at 9pm. Boring. But it was so needed!
Off to take on the day! Lots of things to do and places to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment