When your feeling lazy, the only logical solution is to bribe yourself. This morning I got my study on for a few hours, and a measly little 2 mile run was hanging over my head. I thought about putting it off until the end of the day or going to bang it out quickly at the school gym. I looked at the weather and it was a beautiful day in the 70’s!!!! I decided to just lace up my sneakers and go. The deal with myself was: I go a mile from my house to about the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, and then on the way back I could duck in at the Wawa on the way home and get coffee and walk the last 4 blocks. French Vanilla Wawa roast with skim and truvia was sounding pretty good.
I felt much stronger today than I did when I did 2 miles the other day. It could have been fuel, I had lunch before running, or maybe I just needed to get that one rough run out of the way.
I wore my I want to punch running in the face shirt (made by skinnyrunner) because I actually wanted to punch running in the face. I also wonder how many more days I’ll be able to comfortably wear shorts while running outside. I definitely tried to enjoy the sun on my face today since the cold weather is definitely looming.
Tomorrow I am going to tackle 3 miles. I think that I’m going to go for a run on Kelly Drive so I can try a flat, faster, no stopping run. City running (aka stopping at traffic lights and facing some hilly blocks) has been ok, but I need some variety. Some nice scenery might be nice too.
Tonight I haven’t really done anything special. I studied a lot today in the library, then came home, watched chick flicks alone, cleaned some clutter out of some corners, organized my desk, and cleaned my apartment. I secretly love a weekend night in every once in a while. I get to watch the movies on demand that I know Joe wouldn’t want to watch with me, do my laundry, clean my kitchen, run the vacuum, organize my binders for school…heaven! I always like to get a good cleaning session in the weekend before an exam so that way I don’t have anything distracting me when I need to get down to the wire. Nothing helps you procrastinate more than knowing you NEED to do your dished, laundry, etc.
No work tomorrow! Studying and 3 miles for me! What’s everyone else doing on this beautiful fall/long weekend? Celebrating the Columbus day holiday?
I love the shirt! I always make bribes with myself. If I'm running a 5K in the neighborhood (this is going to show how lazy I am), I say.. "You don't have to do the .10 if you sprint extra hard to reach 3 miles."
ReplyDelete