Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ups and Downs of Running

With running you have ups and downs.  I haven't been hitting the pavement as much the past few weeks due to school, stress, and overall busy-ness/laziness.  

I hit the pavement today to work off fattening but yummy lunch (more on that later), and it wasn't coming easy to me at all.  My chest/lungs were hurting and I had to walk a fair amount.  3 miles in 40 minutes.  SLOW.  

I didn't want to push it too hard today because I am running a 5K tomorrow morning, and the last time I did major mileage the day before a race I was stiff, sore, and not a happy camper.  
I know that sometimes when you don't run as much you lose a little endurance, and I know that this summer when I have a lot of time on my hands I will definitely get it back plus more.  My major concern right now is that Broad Street Run is 3 weeks away...so I really need to try and make time to get my stamina up so that I am not dying during Broad Street.  



So...about that yummy lunch...Joe and I went out to a last minute lunch with his mom since she was in the city running errands.   We went to Landmark Americana and I got one scrumptious lunch...the grown up grilled cheese sandwich with a cup of creamy tomato soup.  It was pretty heavy and I don't think I'll be eating that much the rest of the day, but ti was definitely delicious. 




Oh so good.
I think this almost birthday girl is going to go on a pilgrimage for some birthday cupcakes tomorrow since I just watched D.C. cupcakes, and I want to find a similar shop in Philadelphia. 

Yumm...cupcakes..

1 comment:

  1. happy almost birthday! try flying monkey cupcakes in the reading terminal market... so good!

    ReplyDelete