Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birthday Freebies!

So...I got to thinking today after I received my free birthday coupon to Smoothie King...there must be more of these freebies out there somewhere.  So with a simple Google search I came across a delightful little website called Birthday Freebies.   

I now have started a little experiment called: how many birthday freebies can I get???
I have already gotten my Smoothie King and a free dessert from Ted's Montana Grill.  

I also signed up for Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, Auntie Anne's, Ben and Jerry's, etc.  Basically places that I may use and/or are close by.  Let me know if you guys know of any good birthday freebies out there!  

So I thought long and hard today about my upcoming races.  My first hurdle is the Broad Street Run.  I was easily running 5 milers, but lately I haven't really been running as much as I have been.  I decided to make a tentative (tentative because life always gets in the way) workout/training schedule for the rest of the month since Broad Street is looming on May 1st.  I want to get an 8 mile run and a 9 mile run out of the way so I feel confident on race day that I will be able to go the distance.  Going in unsure and uneasy is not going to help me one bit. 

Quickly approaching....



Let's see how this training schedule works out for me.  The last time I made a training schedule I spent more time making it then following it.  I tried to keep in mind the days that I have exams, lots of classes, or work and plan it accordingly.  

A whole other post is going to be about my complete lack of training for my triathlon in June.  I know June is still a ways off, but I really won't be able to swim or bike (except for spinning occasionally) this month because I really want to focus on running and endurance for Broad Street.   So I'm going to need to whip my body into swimming and biking shape come summertime!  I just need to focus on first things first.

Uh Oh...


The lucky winner of the Yurbud giveaway is my fellow pharmacy graduate over at browndog phototag!!!  (I don't know your first name sorry!!!)  Send me an email at sbarry410@gmail.com so I can get all your information!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh so jealous of the winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh there are crazy birthday freebies out there and so fun!

    i just signed up for the philly marathon!!

    ReplyDelete