Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Lovin

Last night to celebrate the bit 2-2 I went to Max Brenner with Joe and the family.  It was a place I had never been before, and I wasn't sure what to expect.  When I got there...it was definitely smaller than I had imagined.  The tables were small and the lights were dim.  It seemed like a cozy little trendy restaurant.





There is even a sweets shop inside!



The menu was unique.  There was a large dinner menu with lots of different kinds of food.  For appetizers we got the spinach and artichoke fondue (which was just spinach and artichoke dip) with tortilla chips and fancy potato skins.  For dinner, my little brother got BBQ chicken wings and waffle fries (a classic) and everyone else got a different kind of pasta.  I had to have a taste test so I could judge the best one.  



My mom got mac and cheese - this was definitely the best!

My dad got penne alfredo

I got pasta with spinach, tomatoes, and ricotta

Joe got a pasta dish with lots of stuff thrown in...I'm not quite sure what all was in there...haha



The desserts were the best part of the dinner!  There was a 10 page menu to choose from and we all got something different and yummy!

My dad got the 80's milkshake

My little brother got a hot chocolate

My mom got the white hot chocolate

I got crepes with chocolate, peanut butter ice cream, and bananas which was really really delicious

Joe got this monster chocolate and peanut butter sundae that was amazing....

After dinner we did gifts...I must have been a good girl this year because I am getting an Ipad.  It was delayed in shipping so I should get it towards the end of the month.  Can't wait!!! 



After dinner, we had planned on going to The Union League for drinks...but unfortunately everything in The Union League closes at 8pm on Sunday nights.  Who knew?  We walked down Broad Street until we hit another bar, Tavern on Broad and stopped in for a drink.

Family Photo!





My family and I parted ways and then Joe and I had a drink at City Tap House before going home for the evening. 



I had a great birthday, and I'm really excited for everything that this year is going to bring. 

I'm off to get a lot of school work done and eat some leftovers from last night for lunch.  Yum. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! What a great birthday present! All of that food looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love Max Brenner!! My BF and I are actually going there the Friday after Lent is over, haha :) Happy belated birthday- I'm glad it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was a Max Brenner in Philly! This post makes me want to get out to the one in NYC! Hope you had a good birthday!!! :)

    -courtney

    ReplyDelete