Friday, April 22, 2011

Saki Bombs

Last night Joe and I went on a date before we parted ways for the holiday weekend.  We went to our local Japanese Restaurant on Penn's Campus Nara Japanese Restaurant.  

Pre-saki photo shoot

An appearance of Joey in the corner


Nara's is a little underground restaurant
For those who don't know, Saki Bombs involve a beer, usually Sapporo.  You pour a little in a glass, then pour a shot of saki, then drop the shot in the glass and drink up.  Saki bombing is a fun thing to do every once in a while, and Joe and I hadn't been in about 6 months.  We realized that last time we went to Nara's we were talking about planning a cruise in May, and now our cruise is exactly 30 days away!  Time really flies. 







Champ!
We also enjoyed some spicy tuna rolls with our saki!  The rolls were delicious even though we generally don't go to Nara's for the food.  Maybe I'll have to come and have a full dinner here soon!



After Nara's we went to a local bar, Blarney Stone, and met up with some friends.  This morning was a little rough on the hangover front.  Saki always does it to ya, but it is fun. 

Today's lunch - a meat free one.  I made Annie's Organic Macaroni and Cheese with whole wheat shells. 


Now I'm about to pack up my car and head down the shore for the weekend to spend time with my family.  We don't usually do Easter down the shore, but we are mixing it up this year!  I'm also getting a really awesome belated birthday present tonight...I can't wait to start using it and review it!

No comments:

Post a Comment